Great Blue Heron Casino & Hotel is seeking a part-time Count Team Member!
Reporting in to the Count Team Leader/Manager, the Count Team Member will be responsible for the collection of token/bill and processing soft/hard count. This role must demonstrate the utmost integrity and the highest caliber to internal and external patrons of the Great Blue Heron Casino.
The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with proven knowledge, skills and abilities, executing the following support of the company’s vision, mission and values:
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills are required to be displayed at all times
- Responsible for safeguarding of the casino assets of the assigned area
- Ensure confidentiality policy is adhered to at all times
- Count and report the daily drop to the Accounting Department
- Follow all pre-established routes for soft (bills currency) and/or hard (tokens) drop
- Ensure all slot machine doors are secured while on the drop
- Prepare the buy for the Main Bank Cashier
- Adhere to procedures relating to the operations of the count rooms and their compliance with the approve system of accounting and ICM
- Ensure all documentation is neat, concise and accurate
- Ensure the opening, sorting, counting, recording of all paperwork is accurate
- Maintain good housekeeping practices to ensure professional image is portrayed at all times.
- Perform other duties as required by the Count Team Leader/Manager
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working at a financial institution or money handling preferred.
- Ability to follow instructions in a friendly and professional manner
- Proficient in Excel / Word.
- A competent level of mathematical abilities.
- Must be detail oriented and have legible penmanship.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull heavy objects up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended period of time which includes bending, stopping or kneeling as required.
- A sound knowledge of casino policies & procedures, ICM’s, other relevant government regulations/legislation with the ability to read, understand and implement them effectively.
- Excellent customer service skills to maintain good rapport with customers and employees
- Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow employees and management as part of a team
- Ability to perform tasks and duties effectively and safely within prescribed time limits
- The ability to successfully pass a criminal record and credit check through the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO)
Great Blue Heron Casino & Hotel candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, overnights, and holidays. The hours of work will be based on operational needs. Ready to embark on your next adventure?
Application Process: Submit your resume to email@example.com. We will only be accepting applications electronically – hardcopy applications will not be accepted. Please indicate the position title(s) and job posting number(s) on the subject line.
Great Canadian Entertainment is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we welcome all qualified applicants to apply to join our team of unique contributors. We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process and applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required. We thank all applications for their interest and will contact those qualified to continue in the recruitment process.