Great Blue Heron Casino & Hotel is seeking part-time Servers!
Reporting to the Food and Beverage Supervisor, the Server is responsible for providing excellent customer service to patrons at all times.
The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with proven knowledge, skills and abilities, executing the following support of the company’s vision, mission and values:
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills are required to be displayed at all times
- Ensure safe and responsible service relative to all aspects of the sale and service of all food and beverage products
- Comply with all alcohol related house policies, practices and Smart Serve guidelines
- Take drink and food orders and serve patrons
- Maintain personal cash float and complete cash out procedures
- Settle payment utilizing the SilverWare POS system
- Clear and setup tables
- Maintain a clean and orderly workstation
- Communicate all beverage alcohol activities at break and shift end
- Regular cleaning and sanitization of tables, refrigerators, side stands and stations
- Perform preventive maintenance and cleaning of food and beverage equipment
- Ensure compliance with company’s health and safety policies and adherence to the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Maintain a safe environment for all employees and report any health and safety contraventions to the Food and Beverage Supervisor immediately.
- Other duties as assigned by the Food and Beverage Supervisor
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years of Food and Beverage experience in a high volume licensed establishment
- Minimum 1 year of serving experience in a licensed establishment
- Must be Smart Serve and WHMIS certified
- Strong understanding of the causes of food poisoning and methods of prevention
- Ability to follow instructions and perform tasks in a friendly and professional manner
- Ability to work independently under pressure in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to prioritize and possess excellent time management and organizational skills
- Able to maintain a positive working relationship with fellow employees and management as part of a team
- Effective leadership, oral and written communication skills
- Competence and professionalism
- Ability to follow and comply with company and departmental policies and procedures
- Excellent customer service skills to maintain good rapport with customers and employees
- Ability to perform tasks and duties effectively and safely within prescribed time limits
- The ability to successfully pass a criminal record and credit check through the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO)
Great Blue Heron Casino & Hotel candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, overnights, and holidays. The hours of work will be based on operational needs. Ready to embark on your next adventure?
Application Process: Submit your resume to email@example.com. We will only be accepting applications electronically – hardcopy applications will not be accepted. Please indicate the position title(s) and job posting number(s) on the subject line.
Great Canadian Entertainment is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we welcome all qualified applicants to apply to join our team of unique contributors. We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process and applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required. We thank all applications for their interest and will contact those qualified to continue in the recruitment process.