Reporting in to the Accounting Supervisor and/or Financial Controller, the Auditor will be responsible for the daily audit procedures for the various departments throughout the Casino. The Auditor is to provide the highest standards of efficiency, security and customer service, all within the GBH Policies and Procedures and the Internal Control Manual as approved by the AGCO.
The key accountabilities for this position include:
• Excellent internal and external customer service skills are required to be displayed at all times
• Complete daily audit procedures for all related departments
• Adhere to Internal Control Manual and Audit policies and procedures
• Daily filing of paperwork
• Prepare and input all daily revenues into the audit journal entry
• Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports as required
• Control stocks of all unused pre-numbered forms
• Review and test the propriety of signatures on all documents
• Audit all reports and documents relating to table games and slot machines
• Perform audits of the cash and coin cage cash and chip inventories
• Perform weekly and monthly audits as required
• Assist external auditors during audits in relation to the Casino revenues
• Review Anti-Money Laundering Reports for accuracy and ensure compliance with FINTRAC standards
• Comply with all health and safety policies and report any hazards to the Accounting Supervisor/Financial Controller immediately
• Other duties may be assigned by the Accounting Supervisor or Controller.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
• Cage and/or Count experience is preferred
• Ability to adhere to policies and procedures within the casino
• Excellent computer skills and must be proficient in Excel / Word
• Data entry experience is preferred
• Must be detail oriented
• Experience with Bally is preferred
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times
• Must be able to prioritize responsibilities and complete tasks within tight deadlines
• Must be able to work 8 hour shifts and overtime as required
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast pace environment
• A sound knowledge of casino policies & procedures, ICM’s, other relevant government regulations/legislation with the ability to read, understand and implement them effectively.
• Excellent customer service skills to maintain good rapport with customers and employees
• Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow employees and management as part of a team
• Ability to work independently and under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to perform tasks and duties effectively and safely within prescribed time limits
• The ability to successfully pass a criminal record and credit check through the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO)
Submit your resume to email@example.com. We will only be accepting applications electronically – hardcopy applications will not be accepted. Please indicate the position title and job posting number on the subject line. Please advise HR if you require assistance/accommodation during the interview process.