Posting #: 032-2019
Department: Food & Beverage
Status: Full-time & Part-Time available
Closing Date: Monday May 27th, 2019
This position is responsible for greeting and seating guests with the strictest regard to rules, regulations and outlet operational guidelines while contributing to a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees and where being engaged at work is part of the job! You must adhere to the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, and other applicable municipal, provincial, and federal laws and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Exceeds guest expectations by providing outstanding customer service
- Helps create an engaged work environment by choosing positivity and fun, recognizing excellent peer performance, and by caring about and supporting our colleagues every day
- Greet guests by name wherever possible
- Seat guests in area of choice and distributes menus; advises guests of daily or weekly specials
- Explains how various menu items or beverages are prepared (if applicable)
- Assists with cleaning tables or counters; removes dishes and re-stocks when required
- Performs opening or closing duties as required
- Maintains accurate records, wait lists and reservations (if applicable)
- Ensures table availability through communication with bussing and serving staff; maximizes seating arrangements
- Performs cashier duties if applicable; counts cash float at end of shift if applicable
- Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders: guests, ownership and employees
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Perform other duties as required by the Supervisors and Food & Beverage Manager.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- People-focused and committed to service excellence
- Proactive and solution-oriented with a drive to succeed
- High School Diploma; Post-Secondary hospitality or hotel education an asset
- Smart Serve certification
- Minimum 1-year food and beverage experience
- The ability to obtain a Gaming License with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST FORWARD A COPY OF THEIR RESUME AND A CAREER OPPORTUNITY FORM TO ONMOHHR@elementsmohawk.com BY 5:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.
ELEMENTS CASINO MOHAWK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WHICH VALUES DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE