Don’t miss the opportunity to join One Toronto Gaming’s at Casino Ajax Security Team. This exciting career opportunity at Casino Ajax is seeking dynamic individuals with a drive to succeed.
Under the direct supervision of the Security Manager, or the Supervisor, Security, this position is responsible for the safety and protection of employees, guests, the facility and company assets at the site level. Ensures adherence to all policies and procedures while contributing to a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees.
The Security Officer’s role is to protect the company’s assets, patrons and employees against theft, fraud, vandalism and abuse, while delivering the highest level of customer service and respect to all customers and employees. You will perform a variety of duties throughout your shift, including controlling access to the facility and sensitive areas, escorting visitors, assisting departments, lost and found, monitoring alarm panels, controlling and issuing keys, writing reports, maintaining a daily log and conducting investigations. You may also be required to provide first aid and medical attention. At all times, you must be aware of the gaming operations, and you will work under Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) regulations and comply with all applicable laws, policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with proven knowledge, skills and abilities, executing the following in support of the company’s vision, mission and values:
- Self-motivator and ability to inspire other team members in enhancing the guest experience within the entertainment business;
- Monitoring, documenting and reporting internal and external violations, unsafe conditions, potential hazards, suspicious persons and activities; preparing written and electronic statements;
- Escorting guests and team members;
- Enforcing restricted access by unauthorized persons;
- Observing transactions, slot drops, chip fills and transferring items to Lost & Found;
- Performing identification checks to any guest who appears under 30; * Referring disputes to the Supervisor, Security;
- Conducting regular patrols of the interior and exterior of the property as assigned;
- Performing crowd control as directed;
- Attend to first aid incidents;
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety, and other statutory regulations;
- Assisting Supervisor, Security with enrolling guests in the Self-Exclusion program;
- Performing other reasonable duties as assigned.
Skills/ Qualification Requirements
- Ability to exceed internal and external guest expectations through timely, effective and service-oriented communication;
- 2+ years of experience working with customer service/ public service role or in the service industry;
- High school diploma or equivalent required, post-secondary education in a related field an asset
- Previous experience or training in security an asset
- Computer literacy in MS Office
- Able to organize data with great accuracy
- Knowledge of privacy legislation an asset
- Inquisitive, investigative mind, able to identify suspicious behaviors /transactions and make sound judgments based on this;
- A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize;
- Ability to follow rules, regulations, policies and procedures at all times;
- The ability to maintain tact and composure during high-stress situations
- Must be able to work independently, without close direct supervision, and apply good judgment and discretion under pressure;
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution capabilities;
- Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including overnight, weekends and holidays. The hours of work will be based on customers and business needs
Training/ Licenses/ Certification Requirements
- A valid class “G” driver’s license with a clear driving record is also required
- A current First Aid/CPR certification
- Ability to successfully obtain Smart Serve certification
- The ability to obtain registration as a Category 2 Gaming Assistant with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
Casino Ajax candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights. 12 hour shifts. The hours of work will be based on operational needs.
One Toronto Gaming accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources of requirements in advance.