Job Posting #: PIC-TG-004-2021
Posting Date: June 10, 2021
Position: Dealer 1 (Part-Time)
Department: Table Games
Location: Pickering Casino Resort
Shifts: Shift bids/picks will be awarded based on seniority, skills & abilities assessment, and acceptable file review.
Pickering Casino Resort is seeking Table Games Dealer 1!
Don’t miss the opportunity to join One Toronto Gaming’s new Pickering Casino Resort Table Games team!
This exciting career opportunity at the new Pickering Casino Resort is seeking dynamic individuals with a drive to succeed, strong guest relations and supervisory skills; responsibilities of this role will align with the position of Table Games Dealers upon opening of Pickering Casino Resort.
Upon opening and under the general direction of Table Games Supervisor, this position is responsible for providing superior customer service and conducting all table games in a precise, efficient and secure manner according to policies and procedures. Above all else, management must lead by example to create Great Experiences and Memories for all guests and colleagues!
The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with proven knowledge, skills and abilities, executing the following in support of the company’s vision, mission and values:
- Performs opening and closing procedures for table games;
- Deals table games in accordance with department standards and all regulations
- Follows procedures to maintain security of table assets during play
- Takes control of the table, including dealing out disruptive and/or disrespectful players;
- Complies with all government regulations, Internal Controls and Department & Company policies and procedures;
- Communicates with Supervisor on table issues, including but not limited to responsible gaming, alcoholic beverage consumption concerns, violations of table rules and/or other issues
- Promotes Responsible Gaming;
- Ensures accurate chips handling and game commentaries are made in an audible and precise manner;
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills and behaviours, delivering exceptional experiences to internal and external guests;
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders including guests, ownership, employees, vendors and regulators;
- Responds to, resolves or escalates issues and inquiries concerning table games;
- Reports irregularities and suspicious activities to supervisor immediately;
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- High school diploma required; post-secondary education an asset;
- Experience in a related field of one (1) or more years or a combination of equivalent working experience in a highly customer service-oriented role or entertainment-type setting;
- Knowledge of all aspects of gaming policies and procedures and game protection would be an asset;
- Strong organizational, attention to detail, interpersonal, analytical and communication skills;
- Proven ability to follow strict policies, procedures and practices;
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time;
- Math skills (balancing, addition and calculation) and manual dexterity (shuffling, riffling). An assessment for both skills will be administered.
- Dealer Training will be provided for candidates who are successful through the screening, interview and assessment phase
- Ability to obtain registration as a Category 2 Gaming Assistant with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
Pickering Casino Resort candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights. The hours of work will be based on operational needs. Ready to embark on your next adventure?
Submit your resume and internal job application to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2021. We will only be accepting applications electronically – hardcopy applications will not be accepted. Please indicate the position title(s) and job posting number(s) on the subject line.
Great Canadian Gaming Corporation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we welcome all qualified applicants to apply to join our team of unique contributors. We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process and applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required. We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those qualified to continue in the recruitment process.