This is the most exciting time in the history of cancer research and care.
We are on the cusp of true transformation. Cancer is the world’s biggest health crisis and the BC Cancer Foundation—the fundraising partner of BC Cancer—has launched the most ambitious and comprehensive healthcare campaign in BC’s history to lead this transformation and elevate cancer care for all British Columbians.
With over 90 employees working across 5 sites in B.C, we are one of the largest non-profit organizations in the province. We engage with over 100,000 donors and communities to inspire philanthropic investment in BC Cancer and we partner with some of the world’s leading researchers, oncologists and care providers.
At the BC Cancer Foundation, we are a professional, passionate and positive team who believe that we can help make a positive difference in the lives of all British Columbians and bring us closer to a world free of Cancer.
We are driven by a collective purpose to be a catalyst, powering world class innovation while supporting deeply personal cancer patient journeys.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk who will assist with the management and safeguarding of the financial assets, and accounting processes of the BC Cancer Foundation. You will have had experience processing all aspects of accounts payable and providing a wide range of accounting functions.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be a key member of the Finance team and will enjoy working collaboratively with individuals and teams across the Foundation to consistently monitor and improve our financial systems and process.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to many of the finance team’s deliverables including learning about and providing backup to the special purpose funds, investment & accounts payable functions. In addition, you will assist with the budgeting and planning process, as well as audit preparation, and be a contact for both the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and BC Cancer related to accounting questions or issues.
Key responsibilities for this position will include:
- Perform all aspects of Accounts Payable function in a timely manner, reply to invoice and payment enquires and provide foundation department’s appropriate project and transaction codes.
- Provide expense claim training to new staff and refresher courses.
- Complete vendor credit applications.
- Provide banking information for incoming/outgoing wire transfers and electronic fund transfers.
- Prepare wire templates and set up outgoing wire transfers and internal bank account transfers with BMO for controller approval.
- Download MasterCard statements and distribute to departments for coding.
- Assist upload of invoices into Papersave when requested and provide help on Papersave operational requests.
- Postage meter readings on a monthly basis.
- Monthly bank statement downloads and Blackbaud merchant service reimbursement reports.
- Prepare sales/purchase orders required for purchasing equipment or services.
- Annual insurance renewal preparation.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in an accounting/financial environment dealing with accounts payable and accounting functions is required or an equivalent combination of education/experience
- Proficiency with accounting/analysis tools, accounting systems and databases such as Excel, Word, Access, FinancialEdge, PaperSave, or other ERP system
- Some accounting courses is considered an asset but not essential to succeed at this role
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, projects, and activities
Core knowledge + skills:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of full cycle accounts payable
- Experience in a not-for-profit environment and/or with fund accounting is considered a strong asset as well as other accounting experience.
- Proficiency working in accounting software packages and the MS Office applications – particularly Word and Excel.
- Strong analytical and reporting abilities, as well as mathematical aptitude with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Excellent organization skills with demonstrated ability to establish work priorities, effectively multitask, and balance varying and changing demands
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner and demonstrates teamwork within and across departments to achieve optimal collective results.
- Uphold and contribute to our values of Professional, Passionate, and Positivity
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000
What we offer:
- Hybrid work policy anticipated 3 days in office per week, min requirement 2 days. 2 weeks full time in office for initial training.
- Anticipated start date January 2024
- 4 weeks’ vacation plus office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years, as well as half days office closures before each statutory holiday
- Comprehensive benefit package including coverage for health, dental, vision and various paramedical services, plus participation in the Employee & Family Assistance Program
BC Cancer Foundation is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity & inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national or Indigenous origin, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation or socio-economic status.