This is the most exciting time in the history of cancer research and care.
We are on the cusp of true transformation. Cancer is the world’s biggest health crisis and the BC Cancer Foundation—the fundraising partner of BC Cancer—has launched the most ambitious and comprehensive healthcare campaign in BC’s history to lead this transformation and elevate cancer care for all British Columbians.
With over 90 employees working across 5 sites in B.C, we are one of the largest non-profit organizations in the province. We engage with over 100,000 donors and communities to inspire philanthropic investment in BC Cancer and we partner with some of the world’s leading researchers, oncologists and care providers.
At the BC Cancer Foundation, we are a professional, passionate and positive team who believe that we can help make a positive difference in the lives of all British Columbians and bring us closer to a world free of Cancer.
We are driven by a collective purpose to be a catalyst, powering world class innovation while supporting deeply personal cancer patient journeys.
We are looking for a Copy Writer who is experienced and excited by the opportunity to develop engaging, authentic content adapted to all BC Cancer Foundation audiences, channels and content sources, including website, email, social media, blog, print ads, magazine, annual report, event scripts, video, and internal newsletters.
You like to write, create engaging content and develop meaningful connections.
You are a proactive team player and an experienced copy writer. You are performance-minded with a passion for elevating the brand experience with intentional, insights-driven action.
You are highly motivated to work for a purpose-driven organization. As a member of the Marketing & Communications team, you will experience opportunities for deep cross-functional collaboration along with open, intentional communication in an environment where you can thrive and enhance your professional development.
Reporting to the Director, Content + Communications, your responsibilities will include:
- Create copy for websites, social media platforms, emails, advertorials, large scale events and campaigns, magazine, annual report and more
- Develop and implement content strategies for target audiences
- Edit and contribute content to help adhere to a company style guide and brand voice
- Craft CEO correspondence and speaking notes to reflect key messages and tone
- Support SEO strategy for optimal online visibility and reach
- Source content
- Support Content Writer in organizing all stories, event briefs, key messages and interviews
- Stay current on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistent messaging
- Research target audiences
- Collaborate with immediate and cross functional team members from concept development to final product
- Education in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field plus three years’ experience in a copy writer role or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation; experience with SEO
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading
- Excellent research and organizational skills
- Track record of successful content creation to deliver results
- Familiarity with standard style guides and content management systems considered an asset
- You are a quick learner and approach life and work with positivity, professionalism and passion
Core Knowledge + Skills:
- Demonstrated expertise in writing compelling and creative copy for all content sources
- Experience at developing concepts to support campaigns
- Ability to create and/or follow a creative brief, ensuring there are clear objectives
- Experience working with brand style guide and delivering on tone of voice
- Ability to stretch from promotional language to emotional storytelling to science based communications
- Strong communicator with ability to adapt key messages for each audience and channel
- Collaborative and adept at working in a cross-functional environment, including working with fundraisers, marketers, agencies, designers, BC Cancer experts and donors
- Critical and creative thinker, who knows how to analyse and interpret marketing data and donor insights to drive greater engagement
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing requirements, and ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Strong process orientation, with excellent attention to detail, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
Pay Range: $50,000 to $67,000
What We Offer:
- 4 weeks’ vacation plus office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years, as well as half days office closures before each statutory holiday
- Comprehensive benefit package including coverage for health, dental, vision and various paramedical services, plus participation in the Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Participation in the Municipal Pension Plan
BC Cancer Foundation is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity & inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national or Indigenous origin, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation or socio-economic status.
Candidates are required to submit a work portfolio with their application. Only those with a portfolio will be considered.