This is the most exciting time in the history of cancer research and care.
We are on the cusp of true transformation. Cancer is the world’s biggest health crisis and the BC Cancer Foundation—the fundraising partner of BC Cancer—has launched the most ambitious and comprehensive healthcare campaign in BC’s history to lead this transformation and elevate cancer care for all British Columbians.
With over 90 employees working across 5 sites in B.C, we are one of the largest non-profit organizations in the province. We engage with over 100,000 donors and communities to inspire philanthropic investment in BC Cancer and we partner with some of the world’s leading researchers, oncologists and care providers.
At the BC Cancer Foundation, we are a professional, passionate and positive team who believe that we can help make a positive difference in the lives of all British Columbians and bring us closer to a world free of Cancer.
We are driven by a collective purpose to be a catalyst, powering world class innovation while supporting deeply personal cancer patient journeys.
We are looking for a Marketing & Communications Coordinator who is experienced and excited by the opportunity to provide content and communications support and assist with the implementation of the marketing, digital, public relations, social media, and content strategy for BC Cancer Foundation.
You are highly-organized and process-driven
You are an active and organized team player who is highly capable of handling diverse project deliverables on time. You are performance-minded with a passion for elevating the brand experience.
You have a deep understanding of the importance of clearly defined roles and responsibilities, and detailed project plans are to the success of an integrated marketing and communications strategy, and you are highly motivated to work for a purpose-driven organization. As a member of the Marketing & Communications team, you will experience opportunities for deep cross-functional collaboration along with open, intentional communication in an environment where you can thrive and enhance your professional development.
Reporting to the Director, Content and Communications, your responsibilities will include:
- Administer process-driven, project management approach and log incoming M&C requests, prioritize and assign work and flag risks
- Support resource planning: understand current backlogs and capacity constraints
- Communicate campaign objectives, timelines and deliverables to internal stakeholders and provide instructions on usage and promotion
- Provide regular project status updates and follow up on outstanding items
- Prepare marketing activity reports and metrics for program success
- Conduct research of market trends, consumer behavior, and compile reports that summarize findings
- Support the development and maintenance of internal content and communications tools and systems
- Schedule meetings, interviews and photoshoots
- Manage vendor relationships and donor lists for large projects, such as Breakthrough Magazine
- Coordinate processing and approval of M&C invoices, and support tracking of actual costs to budget
- Support team with development of reports analyzing program performance
- Provide meeting minutes in order to track project status, key action items and team assignments, and proactively follow up on next steps, deadlines and deliverables
- Update and maintain M&C activity and content calendars and ensure they are shared regularly with key internal stakeholders
- Provide community management support when needed
- Lead project management of small projects
- Education in communications, marketing, or a related field plus three years’ experience in a project management role or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing and social media marketing and communications)
- Experience in marketing and/or communications coordination or similar role
- Track record of successful project management and coordinating team members to deliver results
- Project management software expertise, such as Asana, is considered an asset
- Familiarity with content management systems and customer relationship management tools is considered an asset
- You are a quick learner and approach life and work with positivity, professionalism and passion
Core knowledge + skills:
- Strong communicator and team player with ability to ensure on time delivery of project milestones
- Collaborative and adept at working in a cross-functional environment
- Critical thinker, who can quickly identify risks, conflicts and pain points, and flag team to find a solution
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing requirements
- Strong process orientation, with excellent attention to detail, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
Pay Range: $50,000 to $67,000
What We Offer:
- 4 weeks’ vacation plus office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years, as well as half days office closures before each statutory holiday
- Comprehensive benefit package including coverage for health, dental, vision and various paramedical services, plus participation in the Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Participation in the Municipal Pension Plan
BC Cancer Foundation is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity & inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national or Indigenous origin, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation or socio-economic status.