This is the most exciting time in the history of cancer research and care.
We are on the cusp of true transformation. Cancer is the world’s biggest health crisis and the BC Cancer Foundation—the fundraising partner of BC Cancer—has launched the most ambitious and comprehensive healthcare campaign in BC’s history to lead this transformation and elevate cancer care for all British Columbians.
With over 90 employees working across 5 sites in B.C, we are one of the largest non-profit organizations in the province. We engage with over 100,000 donors and communities to inspire philanthropic investment in BC Cancer and we partner with some of the world’s leading researchers, oncologists and care providers.
At the BC Cancer Foundation, we are a professional, passionate and positive team who believe that we can help make a positive difference in the lives of all British Columbians and bring us closer to a world free of Cancer.
We are driven by a collective purpose to be a catalyst, powering world class innovation while supporting deeply personal cancer patient journeys.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for a Prospect Research Analyst who is excited about the opportunity to provide decision-ready information and analysis in support of BCCF’s work to secure transformational support.
As part of the Development Operations team and working closely with the Major Gifts team, the Prospect Research Analyst identifies strategic opportunities and market research insights to identify individuals, corporations, foundations as well as new markets and strategies to contribute to the realization of the Foundation’s fundraising mission.
Reporting to the Senior Research & Prospect Analyst, the key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Creating and delivering prospect research to meet the needs of fundraising staff
- Using data analytics, data mining, modelling, reporting, and best practices to assess and maximize the potential of donors, prospective donors, board members, volunteers, and champions
- Leading research projects to enhance strategic positioning for projects, uncover best practices, identify trends, and inform strategic planning
- Monitoring news and media to ensure the Development team is aware of major philanthropic giving in B.C. and other relevant information
- Providing information and recommendations to support complex fundraising approaches, strategies, and proposals that drive decisions and actions
- Working with the Manager, Development Operations, and the Senior Research & Prospect Analyst to coordinate and track pipeline progress, identifying areas for attention, and assisting in accountability reporting
- Utilize a wide range of resources for research and prospecting, including printed materials, online databases, news and other media, community resources, and existing files and records
- Designing and delivering instruction to Development staff in basic research techniques and resources. Mentoring and advising colleagues as they develop their knowledge and research techniques as needed.
- Keeping abreast of new resources and research technology and making recommendations, as required
- Maintaining accurate information on major gift prospects and donors in our database (Raiser’s Edge) through coordination with the Advancement Services and Database and Business Intelligence teams
- A degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in a related field; an advanced degree in Library & Information Studies is an asset
- Minimum 1-2 years performing prospect research or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Core Knowledge + Skills:
- Ability to locate, analyze, interpret, synthesize and communicate information, financial data, and reports into information that will guide prospect strategies
- Expert knowledge of internet search engines and other print, internet resources, and tools pertaining to prospect research
- Demonstrated professionalism and tact in handling highly sensitive and confidential information ethically; adhering to professional standards and protecting the confidential information of BCCF and BC Cancer
- Ability to work under tight timelines and competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and superior written communication skills, with the ability to provide clear executive information
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook and database/information management
- Uphold and contribute to BCCF’s values of Professional, Passionate, and Positivity
Salary Range: $61,500 - $80,000
What We Offer:
- 5 weeks’ vacation plus office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years, as well as half days office closures before each statutory holiday
- Comprehensive benefit package including coverage for health, dental, vision and various paramedical services, plus participation in the Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Participation in the Municipal Pension Plan
BC Cancer Foundation is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity & inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national or Indigenous origin, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation or socio-economic status.