This is the most exciting time in the history of cancer research and care.
We are on the cusp of true transformation. Cancer is the world’s biggest health crisis and the BC Cancer Foundation—the fundraising partner of BC Cancer—has launched the most ambitious and comprehensive healthcare campaign in BC’s history to lead this transformation and elevate cancer care for all British Columbians.
With over 90 employees working across 5 sites in B.C, we are one of the largest non-profit organizations in the province. We engage with over 100,000 donors and communities to inspire philanthropic investment in BC Cancer and we partner with some of the world’s leading researchers, oncologists and care providers.
At the BC Cancer Foundation, we are a professional, passionate and positive team who believe that we can help make a positive difference in the lives of all British Columbians and bring us closer to a world free of Cancer.
We are driven by a collective purpose to be a catalyst, powering world class innovation while supporting deeply personal cancer patient journeys.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer who is passionate about creative communications, confident and experienced, dedicated to design excellence, as well as energized by the opportunity to inspire audiences to action with compelling visuals.
You like to collaborate, create and refine. You are a graphic design expert with excellent graphic design skills, a keen attention to detail and experience in both print to digital mediums. You are a creative problem-solver who applies their knowledge of design principles, information hierarchy and industry best-practice to develop effective design solutions that support objectives and connect with the intended audience.
You’re comfortable within a fast-paced environment managing several projects simultaneously with the ability to quickly evaluate and balance multiple priorities. You are a flexible team-player who is thrives in a collaborative space, drives projects to completion to specification, and finds reward in working for a purpose-driven organization.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Brand, responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop print and digital assets for awareness and fundraising campaigns, as well as signature events, translating content to a variety of marketing channels
- Support the design and production of our magazine and annual report
- Lead in the refining of design templates for fundraising reports and proposals
- Developing brand campaign collateral based on existing templates
- Support our direct mail program with audience-appropriate creative solutions
- Design complex, large scale environmental signage such as window and wall decals
- Coordinate with suppliers and printers
- Ensure all materials are on-brand and align with our graphic standards
Core knowledge + skills:
- Expertise and experience in both print and digital mediums
- Expertise in designing collateral with simple and strong calls-to-action
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Cloud programs, particularly Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Robust understanding of graphic design principles and technical best practice
- Design project management
- Print vendor management
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in graphic design profession, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, comfortable sharing insights and receiving feedback
- Track record of successful project collaborations and has the ability to effectively executive projects independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Strong process orientation, phenomenal attention to detail, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work across all levels of the organization including external stakeholders
- You are a quick learner and approach life and work with positivity, professionalism and passion
Nice to haves:
- Mix of for-profit and non-profit experience
- Mix of agency and in-house experience
- Experience with publication design and digital advertising
- Experience with project-management platforms
Salary Range: $57,000 - $67,000
What We Offer
- 4 weeks’ vacation plus office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years, as well as half days office closures before each statutory holiday
- Comprehensive benefit package including coverage for health, dental, vision and various paramedical services, plus participation in the Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Participation in the Municipal Pension Plan after 1 year work anniversary
BC Cancer Foundation is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity & inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national or Indigenous origin, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation or socio-economic status.
As an employer, occupational health and safety legislation requires that we protect our workers from health and safety risks in the workplace. BC Cancer Foundation has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring that all staff who work in any of our physical workplaces must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19. Considerations and reasonable accommodations can be taken upon request and will be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
Interested applicants please include your design portfolio in your application submission.