The BC Cancer Foundation is the fundraising partner of BC Cancer and the largest charitable funder for cancer research in B.C. Every dollar we raise stays right here at BC Cancer to advance research and enhance care for the people of B.C.
With almost 90 employees working across 6 sites in B.C we are actively working with our 100,000 donors and communities to inspire investment in BC Cancer and our provincial teams of world-leading researchers, oncologists and care providers.
We are a professional, passionate and positive team who believe that we can help make a difference in the lives of all British Columbians. Our purpose is to be a catalyst, powering world class innovation while supporting deeply personal cancer journeys.
About the opportunity:
This new role of Insights & Analytics Manager has been created to help ensure the Foundation effectively uses its information and data to develop clear analysis and insights that drive business strategies and programs. Reporting directly to the Senior Director, Leadership & Community Giving, this role is responsible for ensuring that the Foundation harnesses the power of its information, in all forms, to maximize its performance.
The role will focus on developing analysis and insights as well as reviewing our data infrastructure and will include the following responsibilities:
Insights & Analytics:
- Translate business problems and constraints into analysis plans with clearly defined deliverables, and ownership
- Collaborate with stakeholders to solve business problems using data. Distill complex analytical topics into compelling presentations and data stories for nontechnical groups and executives
- Help internal partners who are less familiar with analytics to understand the right questions to ask, and how they can better use data to inform their decision-making
- Build predictive/propensity models and segmentation models using a large number of variables. Develop, validate and produce prospect and donor lists based on 'scoring' by deciles and quartiles
- Review data, dashboards and reports in order to identify business insights, and communicate specific recommendations via reports
- Synthesize complex information into clear takeaways and recommendations using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Implement and oversee a “Voice of the Donor” program, ensuring real time insights are shared with the organization
- Using a business lens, identify opportunities to improve data-management capabilities
- Leverage data analytics best practices to provide inputs into data infrastructure decisions
- Work with stakeholders and team members to identify data needs to develop broader data strategy in support of current and future programs
- Advise on the best practices and assess opportunities for data management
Qualifications and Experience
- At least three plus years of related experience in data analysis and insight or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Experience reviewing data management needs would be an advantage
Core knowledge + skills:
- Experience with relational databases, data warehouses, SQL, and data modeling methodologies
- Experience with BI and BI related tools, including but not limited to Tableau, Google Analytics, Power BI, Python
- A foundation in math; deep statistical knowledge including an understanding of probability, correlation, regression, classification, and forecasting
- A curious and critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A team player with excellent relationship development skills and ability to work effectively and collaboratively across teams and departments
- Proactive in managing activities and work
- Uphold and contribute to BCCF’s values of Professional, Passionate, and Positivity
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- 5 weeks’ vacation plus office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years, as well as half days office closures before each statutory holiday
- Comprehensive benefit package including coverage for health, dental, vision and various paramedical services, plus participation in the Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Participation in the Municipal Pension Plan
BC Cancer Foundation is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity & inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national or Indigenous origin, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation or socio-economic status.
As an employer, occupational health and safety legislation requires that we protect our workers from health and safety risks in the workplace. BC Cancer Foundation has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring that all staff who work in any of our physical workplaces must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19. Considerations and reasonable accommodations can be taken upon request and will be discussed on a case-by-case basis.