The BC Cancer Foundation is the fundraising partner of BC Cancer and the largest charitable funder for cancer research in B.C. Every dollar we raise stays right here at BC Cancer to advance research and enhance care for the people of B.C.
With over 70 employees working across 5 sites in B.C we are actively working with our 100,000 donors and communities to inspire investment in BC Cancer and our provincial teams of world-leading researchers, oncologists and care providers.
We are a professional, passionate and positive team who believe that we can help make a difference in the lives of all British Columbians. Our purpose is to be a catalyst, powering world class innovation while supporting deeply personal cancer journeys.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for a Research and Prospect Analytics Coordinator who is excited about the opportunity to provide decision-ready information and analysis in support of BCCF’s work to secure transformational support.
As part of the Development Operations team and working closely with the Major Gifts team, the Research and Prospect Analytics Coordinator produces high quality prospect research and assists with prospecting projects to provide accurate, timely, and strategic information to fundraising staff. The incumbent will also assist with media monitoring and will play an active role using data segmentation to enhance BCCF’s fundraising activity.
Reporting to the Senior Research & Prospect Analyst, the key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Creating and delivering prospect research to meet the needs of fundraising staff
- Assisting the Foundation in identifying and qualifying potential major gift prospects through internal data, lists and external information using industry best practices
- Preparing Board and Campaign candidate profiles and related documents as needed
- Monitoring news and media to ensure the Development team is aware of major philanthropic giving in B.C. and other relevant information
- Assisting the Foundation in reviewing giving patterns of current donors and high level prospects; identifying donors with potential for growth and increased involvement with BCCF
- Working with the Manager, Development Operations, coordinate and track pipeline progress, identifying areas for attention and assisting in accountability reporting
- Utilizing a wide range of resources for research, including printed materials, online databases, news and other media, community resources, and existing files and records
- Keeping abreast of new resources and research technology and making recommendations, as required
- Maintaining accurate information on major gift prospects and donors in our database (Raiser’s Edge) through coordination with the Database and Advancement Services teams
- A degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in a related field; an advanced degree in Library & Information Studies is an asset
- Experience performing prospect research, stewardship and/or fund development, preferably including full or partial responsibility for prospect research in a fundraising environment an asset; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Core Knowledge + Skills:
- Ability to locate, analyze, interpret, synthesize and communicate information, financial data, and reports into information that will guide prospect strategies
- Expert knowledge of internet search engines and other print, internet resources, and tools pertaining to prospect research
- Demonstrated professionalism and tact in handling highly sensitive and confidential information ethically; adhering to professional standards and protecting the confidential information of BCCF and BC Cancer
- Ability to work under tight timelines and competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and superior written communication skills, with the ability to provide clear executive information
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook and database/information management
- Uphold and contribute to BCCF’s values of Professional, Passionate, and Positivity
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- 4 weeks’ vacation plus office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years, as well as half days office closures before each statutory holiday
- Comprehensive benefit package including coverage for health, dental, vision and various paramedical services, plus participation in the Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Participation in the Municipal Pension Plan
BC Cancer Foundation is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity & inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national or Indigenous origin, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation or socio-economic status.
As an employer, occupational health and safety legislation requires that we protect our workers from health and safety risks in the workplace. BC Cancer Foundation has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring that all staff who work in any of our physical workplaces must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19. Considerations and reasonable accommodations can be taken upon request and will be discussed on a case-by-case basis