The BC Cancer Foundation (“BCCF”) is the fundraising partner of BC Cancer and the largest charitable funder for cancer research in B.C. Every dollar we raise stays right here at BC Cancer to advance research and enhance care for the people of B.C.
With over 70 employees working across 5 sites in B.C we are actively working with our 100,000 donors and communities to inspire investment in BC Cancer and our provincial teams of world-leading researchers, oncologists, and care providers.
We are a professional, passionate, and positive team who believe that we can help make a difference in the lives of all British Columbians. Our purpose is to be a catalyst, powering world class innovation while supporting deeply personal cancer journeys.
About the Opportunity:
The Officer, Direct Response will lead the the development and execution of an integrated direct response program that drives revenue and donor engagement through direct mail, telemarketing, face-to-face, email, SMS text messaging, and other direct response channels.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Leadership & Community Giving, responsibilities will include:
- Project management for all direct response fundraising campaigns across multiple channels, managing relationships with internal teams and external vendors/suppliers
- Selection and segmentation of audience lists, and development of testing strategies
- Copywriting for fundraising letters, emails, landing page content, and telemarketing/text messaging scripts
- Developing creative briefs and working closely with the Graphic Designer on design elements for digital and print
- Optimizing our donor acquisition program with a focus on diversifying BC Cancer Foundation’s donor base and reactivating lapsed donors
- Designing and implementing stewardship and renewal strategies to increase retention of BC Cancer Foundation’s monthly and annual donors.
- Analysis and reporting on results of each campaign and program
Core Knowledge & Skills:
- A passion and talent for creating engaging fundraising copy and content that drives donors and prospective supporters to respond to a call to action.
- Proficient in the use of CRM tools (preferably Raiser’s Edge), Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong project management and organizational skills and a track record of meeting deadlines and budgets
- Excellent relationship-building skills with internal and external partners
- Uphold and contribute to BCCF’s values of Professional, Passionate, and Positivity
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum two years’ experience in direct response marketing, preferably with a fundraising organization or agency, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- 4-5 weeks vacation plus office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years, as well as half day office closures before each statutory holiday
- Comprehensive benefit package including coverage for health, dental, vision and various paramedical services, plus participation in the Employee & Family Program
- Participation in the Municipal Pension Plan
BC Cancer Foundation is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity & inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national or Indigenous origin, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation or socio-economic status.
As an employer, occupational health and safety legislation requires that we protect our workers from health and safety risks in the workplace. BC Cancer Foundation has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring that all staff who work in any of our physical workplaces must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19. Considerations and reasonable accommodations can be taken upon request and will be discussed on a case-by-case basis.