The BC Cancer Foundation is the fundraising partner of BC Cancer and the largest charitable funder for cancer research in B.C. Every dollar we raise stays right here at BC Cancer to advance research and innovate care for the people of B.C.
With over 70 employees working across 5 sites in B.C, we are actively working with our 100,000 donors and communities to inspire investment in BC Cancer and our provincial teams of world-leading researchers, oncologists and care providers.
We are a professional, passionate and positive team who are making a difference in the lives of all British Columbians. Our purpose is to be a catalyst, powering world class innovation while supporting deeply personal cancer journeys.
We are looking for a Social Media Specialist who is experienced and excited by the opportunity to create meaningful brand connections through BC Cancer Foundation’s social media channels.
You like to plan, create and analyze.
You are a proactive team player and an expert in determining how to best position our brand and storytelling across our social media channels, and supporting campaign planning. You are performance-minded with a track record of elevating the brand experience with intentional, insights-driven action.
You have a deep understanding of the role social media plays within integrated marketing and communications strategy and are highly motivated to work for a purpose-driven organization. As a member of the Marketing & Communications team, you will experience opportunities for deep cross-functional collaboration along with open, intentional communication in an environment where you can thrive and enhance your professional development.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Marketing & Brand, your responsibilities will include:
- Develop the BC Cancer Foundation’s social media strategy for both annual planning and campaign activations
- Develop and execute a paid social strategy to complement organizational goals
- In partnership with the Content & Communications team, manage content planning and the social media calendar
- Continually evaluate and improve our social media strategy and tactics
- Present performance results to key stakeholders (internal and external)
- Leverage influencers and user-generated content to deepen connections and stimulate engagement
- Collaborate closely with designer on graphics
- Liaise with BC Cancer experts and patients, survivors and families to develop content that is optimized for social media
- Collaborate with internal fundraising teams to develop campaign strategy based on a variety of strategic goals including: lead generation, reach and conversion
- Connect with peers to develop content that celebrates the positive, impact-based culture at BC Cancer Foundation
- Continually refine approach with technology and trend analysis
Core knowledge + skills:
- Digital content planning and execution
- Community cultivation and management
- Channel analytics and optimization
- Experience with paid social media strategy and execution
- Experience with a platform such as Hootsuite or Sprout Social
- Education in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field plus three years’ experience in a social media role or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Track record of successful content planning and growth strategies
- You are a quick learner and approach life and work with positivity, professionalism and passion
Nice to haves
- Photography and videography experience
- Project management experience
BC Cancer Foundation is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity & inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national or Indigenous origin, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation or socio-economic status.
As an employer, occupational health and safety legislation requires that we protect our workers from health and safety risks in the workplace. BC Cancer Foundation has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring that all staff who work in any of our physical workplaces must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19. Considerations and reasonable accommodations can be taken upon request and will be discussed on a case-by-case basis.