The BC Cancer Foundation is the fundraising partner of BC Cancer and the largest charitable funder for cancer research in B.C. Every dollar we raise stays right here at BC Cancer to advance research and enhance care for the people of B.C.
With over 70 employees working across 5 sites in B.C we are actively working with our 100,000 donors and communities to inspire investment in BC Cancer and our provincial teams of world-leading researchers, oncologists and care providers.
We are a professional, passionate and positive team who believe that we can help make a difference in the lives of all British Columbians.
Reporting directly to Director, Donor Engagement, the Officer will be a key member of the Donor Engagement team supporting and contributing to the development and execution of a comprehensive donor engagement plan, which supports the Foundation in reaching its fundraising goals. The Officer will manage projects and coordinate donor stewardship activity across the Foundation to ensure resources are appropriately allocated and activities are delivered to a high professional standard. This role is a 12-month maternity cover contract, with possibility of extension.
This position is normally based at our Vancouver office at 686 W Broadway. In light of COVID-19, the option to perform this position remotely is available until distancing measures are lifted. However, attendance in the office is occasionally required during this period in response to team and business needs.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Providing program coordination and project management support for all initiatives and projects in the donor engagement team, ensuring that deliverables and activities are assigned and progress is monitored
- Coordinating and collaborating with relevant team members across the Foundation to ensure they are clear on deliverables, responsibilities and timelines
- Updating leaders on progress, status and at risk initiatives
- Identifying and administering appropriate recognition opportunities for our donors and providing the teams with tools, guidance and support, in partnership with our fundraising teams
- Managing, implementing and executing physical recognition initiatives and projects for all BC Cancer sites including such as: plaques, naming opportunities and donor walls
- Facilitating the creation of impact reporting, with qualitative and quantitative reporting to donors, in partnership with internal teams
- Reviewing project and event budgets, expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions
- Developing and writing communications for donor relations materials such as, but not limited to: donor recognition plaques, thank you letters, invitations, scripts
- Supporting and implementing event components for donor recognition and cultivation events, as well as providing on-site leadership at donor events (including digital and in person components)
- Contributing to the innovation of programs and projects to thank and steward donors; identifying creative and effective opportunities to recognize the impact of corporate and individual support
- Providing cultivation and stewardship direction and guidance to members of the Foundation in relation to individual donors and prospects
- Building strong working relationships with team members, vendors, donors, physicians, hospital and research staff
The Person and Skills
The successful candidate will be positive, proactive, and embody a can-do attitude no matter what task is sent their way. Skills associated with this position include:
- Demonstrated experience coordinating or supporting multiple projects or initiatives, with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated organizational, time management and project management skills with a proven ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to manage a high volume of requests and competing priorities
- Strong writing skills adaptable to different audiences and demonstrated ability to articulate messaging persuasively, and succinctly
- Strong attention to detail as well as data analysis skills and accuracy
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills, with proven ability to be resourceful and creative
- Strong technical skills with high level of familiarity and effectiveness with technology, online platforms, computer applications, and digital engagement, or to be adept at learning trends in digital engagement
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a dynamic team setting and be considered a team player
- Ability to work with a varied group of stakeholders and interact with donors using tact and discretion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to foster an environment that ensures donors have a meaningful experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative, when required
- Knowledge of or experience working in a fundraising environment would be advantageous
- Computer skills: demonstrated competence in computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. word, spreadsheets, Outlook and email). In addition knowledge of Adobe suite (InDesign) would be an asset.
- Knowledge of customer relationship management data bases would be an advantage
- Uphold and contribute to BCCF’s values of Professional, Passionate, and Positivity
The ideal candidate will possess relevant education plus five years of experience in a similar role, preferably working within fundraising, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
A willingness to work beyond work hours, evenings as required, and occasional travel throughout the province of B.C. Must have a valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle.
BC Cancer Foundation is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity & inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national or Indigenous origin, family or marital status, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation or socio-economic status.