If you are available and interested in a Support Worker position with St. Amant and looking for 25-40 hours of work (weekly), please apply here!
Are you looking for a rewarding and stable career? Do you have a passion to help others and take pride in providing quality care? Then look no further!
St.Amant is currently looking for Support Workers to provide in-home support with the goal of optimizing dignity, self-determination, and to help individuals reach their goals and dreams. Our community-based supports for adults with an intellectual disability are growing substantially and we need outgoing, energetic people to provide support and encourage choice, independence, and participation in the community.
Reporting to the Team Leader, the incumbent is responsible for the delivery of services to individuals receiving support in a St.Amant community home. The Support Worker provides residential or support services in accordance with the Mission and Values of the organization, provincial legislation, and regulations.
- Assist individuals as necessary with activities of daily living
- Monitor and assess health needs
- Assist individuals to plan for and access community resources
- Foster healthy lifestyle
- Administer medication as necessary
- Act as an advocate for individuals as needed
- Implement all goals and plans set out for each individual
- Guide and direct individuals in areas of socially acceptable behaviour
- Grade XII Diploma or GED
- Valid Manitoba driver’s license that is in good standing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, energetic, self-directed and person focused
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Minimum of one year experience providing services to people with disabilities preferred
- Satisfactory criminal record check, driver abstract, child abuse registry check and adult abuse registry check is required
- Ability to communicate in French and English is an asset
Why work here?
- Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers 2016
- Diverse and vibrant work environment
- Generous vacation package (starting at three weeks)
- Paid training & orientation
- Various locations throughout Winnipeg
- Benefit plan for all Part-time and Full-time employees including:
- Group Health & Dental
- Employer matched Pension Plan
- Life Insurance
Interested candidates should apply online with their cover letter and resume.
If you encounter technical challenges submitting your application online, please contact St.Amant for assistance (204-256-4301 ext. 7046) or email us at email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment opportunities with St.Amant; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
St.Amant is a non-profit organization that offers programs & services to support people with developmental disabilities and autism and their families. Services include a large residence at 440 River Road, more than 70 community sites and homes, the St.Amant Research Centre, a school and a childcare center. In addition, St.Amant offers an effective program for children with autism and an outreach program. Visit St.Amant online at www.stamant.ca.