Foster Care Services - Support Worker
Community Services Program
Casual Foster Care Support Worker needed in Steinbach, Blumenort, Landmark
Days and evenings, 3 or more shifts per week.
Pay Scale: $14.28 – $17.51
Reporting to the Foster Care Facilitator, the incumbent is responsible for the delivery of services and supports to people served within the Community Services. The Support Worker provides residential or support services in accordance with the Mission and Values of the organization and provincial legislation and regulations. The Support Worker ensures that services are provided in a ways that:
- Optimize dignity, self-determination and attainment of personal outcomes;
- Maximize environmental and lifestyle features desired by the person;
- Incorporate high quality support and treatment;
- Promote education, training and work opportunities.
Successful applicants will have the following qualifications:
- Grade XII Diploma or GED
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s License in good standing
- Certification in CPR and Emergency First Aid
- Minimum of one year experience working with young children or providing services to people with disabilities in the Community Residential Program.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, energetic, self-directed and person focused
- Physical ability and emotional stability to support peoples’ physical needs and respond appropriately to challenging behavior
- Ability to function effectively as a team member and work collaboratively with peers, clinicians, professional staff and families
- Flexible schedule; must be able to coordinate shifts with foster families and supervisors.
- Bilingualism in French and English is an asset.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check, driver abstract, child abuse registry check and adult abuse registry.
Individuals interested in joining an organization with a commitment to providing high quality services are invited to submit a covering letter and resume to www.stamant.ca/join-our-team/. If you encounter technical challenges submitting your application online, please contact St.Amant for assistance (204-256-4301, ext. 7046).
Human Resource Services St.Amant
Visit us: www.stamant.ca
Collaboration - Hospitality - Excellence - Respect