CHURCHILL HEALTH CENTRE
DIVISION OF WRHA
CHURCHILL, MB R0B 0E0, Canada
ADULT COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH WORKER
FULL TIME TERM FOR UP TO ONE YEAR
The Churchill Health Centre Division of WRHA is currently accepting resumes for an Adult Community Mental Health Worker with a background in adults counseling.
Reporting to the Manager of Mental Health/Community Wellness, the Adult Community Mental Health Worker provides assessments, care planning, counseling, mediation, group facilitation, educational presentations. The Adult Community Mental Health Worker is responsible for providing mental health services to CHC and catchment area.
QUALIFICATIONS AND RESPONSIBILIES:
- University Degree in Health Related Social Sciences (MSW, BScMH, BscPN, BN, BMR(OT) RN/RPN) with four years related experience or related health/human service education
- Certificate in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention is required
- Counseling experience in additions, crisis, community mental health, acute care and/or long term care
- Experience in performing mental status assessments is required
- Valid Driver’s License (travel is required within the scope of the responsibilities of the position).
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the mental health system including psychosocial rehabilitation, community mental health delivery systems and acute in patient services as applicable.
- Understanding of the cultures of the communities being served
- Knowledge of appropriate therapeutic counseling modes and approaches
- Knowledge of mental health issues including signs and symptoms of mental illness
- Knowledge of available resources for treatment and follow up for mental health crisis situations
- Advance mental health assessment skills and an awareness of applicable intervention skills
- Good employment record required
$30.399 to $41.930 depending on experience plus Northern Allowance and benefits as per the Manitoba Government and General Employees’ Union (MGEU) Collective Agreement
Monday to Friday, 7.50 hours per day (flexible) as well as on call as required.
The Churchill Health Centre Division of WRHA offers employees an excellent opportunity to gain experience and grow in their chosen careers. If you are interested in working for an organization that offers excellent salary and benefit packages, including subsidized housing and relocation allowance. Please forward your resume including a cover letter and three references to:
Human Resources Manager
Churchill Health Centre
Fax: (204) 675-2285