Pacific Blue Cross has been British Columbia's leading benefits provider for 75 years. We are an independent, not-for-profit society with strong roots in BC’s health care system. Together with our subsidiary BC Life, we provide health, dental, life, disability and travel coverage to 1 in 3 British Columbians through employee group plans and individual plans.
We are fueled by a commitment to keep health care sustainable for all British Columbians. Through our Pacific Blue Cross Health Foundation, we also provide funding to community organizations with a focus on alleviating mental illness and chronic disease. We're interested in finding people who want to make a difference and who will take advantage of every opportunity to build a career with us.
Pacific Blue Cross offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, fitness programs, and an onsite gym and cafeteria. Our workplace culture values health and wellness, continuing education, environmental sustainability and giving back to the community.
We are currently recruiting for an Account Executive to join the Group Business team.
This unique and challenging role will be located at our head office in Burnaby and will work in Vancouver often.
Under the broad direction of the Director, the Account Executive will perform a variety of duties relating to the servicing of current clients and the acquisition of additional business from existing clients. The Account Executive will develop new business by supporting existing plan advisors and prospecting new opportunities. The Account Executive’s portfolio will consist mostly of large plan sponsors in the public and private sector.
Key duties include:
- Coordinates and presents proposals, finalist presentations, and annual renewals.
- Liaises with group decision makers and advisors, reviewing current benefit plan design and recommends changes and additions.
- Promotes new products and services offered by Pacific Blue Cross.
- Manages renewal terms of book of clients to ensure financially viability.
- Grasps complex financial and business issues in order to support and explain Pacific Blue Cross renewals.
- Networks and is involved in the Benefit community to promote our brand and build relationships with clients and plan advisors.
- Provides leadership and mentorship to Account Managers to promote motivation, teamwork and understanding about their clients, advisors and block of business.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the sales of group insurance environment
- Experience working with government and trusteed programs
- Experience working with consulting houses, advisor firms and large plan sponsors would be an asset
- University Degree in Business, Sales and Marketing, or related field
- Specialized training, including over one year of related Sales and Marketing courses
- In-depth knowledge of Group Insurance products and underwriting methods
- Aptitude for multi-tasking and prioritizing workloads
- Proficient in MS Office, PowerPoint and Excel
Work involves occasional travel outside the Lower Mainland.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.