Pacific Blue Cross has been British Columbia's leading benefits provider for 75 years. We are an independent, not-for-profit society with strong roots in BC’s health care system. Together with our subsidiary BC Life, we provide health, dental, life, disability and travel coverage to 1 in 3 British Columbians through employee group plans and individual plans.
We are fueled by a commitment to keep health care sustainable for all British Columbians. Through our Pacific Blue Cross Health Foundation, we also provide funding to community organizations with a focus on alleviating mental illness and chronic disease. We're interested in finding people who want to make a difference and who will take advantage of every opportunity to build a career with us.
Pacific Blue Cross offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, fitness programs, and an onsite gym and cafeteria. Our workplace culture values health and wellness, continuing education, environmental sustainability and giving back to the community.
We are currently recruiting for an Account Executive to join the Individual Plans team.
This unique and challenging role will be located at our head office in Burnaby.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager, the Account Executive performs a variety of duties relating to the active development and management of Pacific Blue Cross’ Individual Products Broker/Managing General Agent (MGA) network. The Account Executive drives new business development by supporting existing partners and prospecting new ones.
The primary functions of this role are:
- To acquire new business for Pacific Blue Cross (PBC) by establishing new Broker or MGA
- relationships and increasing market penetration within a designated territory or area of focus
- To manage and retain the existing book of business via the Broker/MGA channel
- To contribute to the evolution of PBC’s offering for the Broker/MGA channel, positioning it for high
Key duties include:
Gains new business by identifying and developing relationships with Brokers/MGAs and promoting
PBC’s Individual Products.
Participates in the development and implementation of Broker/MGA presentations and training.
Supports ongoing communications to Brokers/MGAs to increase retention and sales levels.
Conducts sales service calls representing PBC Individual Products to Brokers/MGAs, Consultants and Sponsors through lead generation at conferences, tradeshows and seminars.
Increases Broker/MGA awareness of PBC through outbound initiatives (primarily phone based, with some out-of-office).
Identifies and resolves Broker/MGA issues or complaints and identify and action the need for preventative action via outbound contact.
Product Development and Promotion
Promotes new products and services offered by Pacific Blue Cross.
Contributes to the development of PBC’s offering for the Broker/MGA Channel to position it for high growth. This includes and is not limited to:
- Identifying and supporting the delivery of enhancements to PBC’s Broker/MGA channel offering in areas such as processes, support systems, and product offering
- Identifying ways to improve and enhance PBC’s ability to meet Broker/MGA needs in terms of customer service and support
- Supporting the development of promotional collateral and related materials.
Reports on ongoing prospect development, sales, and CRM activities and related results.
Monitors and analyzes performance against agreed sales targets, as well as forecasting and providing updates to the management team.
Implements and manages the appointment of new Brokers/MGAs, cancellations and revitalization programs.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the insurance or health care industry, with a strong preference to relevant sales experience within the Broker/MGA channel
- Current Life Insurance License (LLQP) valid in British Columbia with ability to sell individual life, disability and Critical Illness insurance policies in British Columbia
- University Degree in Business Management/Marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Industry recognized designation and/or related license (i.e. CEBS, LOMA, CFP)
- Direct experience working with P&C Licensed Brokers
- Proven and demonstrated strategic selling and relationship building skills, especially in identifying and developing new business with Brokers or Insurers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with CRM solutions
- Aptitude for multi-tasking and prioritizing workloads
- Excellent numeric, written, and verbal communication skills, including presentations and training
Work involves periodic travel within the Lower Mainland and and outside the Lower Mainland.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.