Pacific Blue Cross has been British Columbia's leading benefits provider for 75 years. We are an independent, not-for-profit society with strong roots in BC’s health care system. Together with our subsidiary BC Life, we provide health, dental, life, disability and travel coverage to 1 in 3 British Columbians through employee group plans and individual plans.
We are fueled by a commitment to keep health care sustainable for all British Columbians. Through our Pacific Blue Cross Health Foundation, we also provide funding to community organizations with a focus on alleviating mental illness and chronic disease. We're interested in finding people who want to make a difference and who will take advantage of every opportunity to build a career with us.
Pacific Blue Cross offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, fitness programs, and an onsite gym and cafeteria. Our workplace culture values health and wellness, continuing education, environmental sustainability and giving back to the community.
We are currently recruiting for an Account Executive, Voluntary Channel to join the Individual Plans team.
This unique and challenging role will be located at our head office in Burnaby.
Under the broad direction of the Director, the Account Executive will work on existing accounts to stand up a new voluntary revenue channel to help achieve our aggressive and profitable growth targets. The Account Executive will cultivate new business by working with Account Executives in Group Business and managers to obtain introductions to customers to present Pacific Blue Cross’ Voluntary Benefit solutions. The Account Executive will recommend solutions and help achieve business, employer, member and advisor financial goals, and deliver on PBC’s Member First strategy.
Key duties include:
Prospects new business through Group Business channel to execute and deliver on the Member First Strategy.
Liaises with Group Account Executives, group decision makers and advisors to generate cross-sell/up-sell opportunities.
Promotes new products and services offered by PBC through planning worksite communication campaigns, delivering worksite presentations and hosting informational webinars.
Participates in the development and implementation of presentations and webinars for.
Achieves stated individual sales targets of voluntary products through prompt response to member to member inquiries and sales fulfillment by phone and email.
Networks and is involved in the benefit community to promote our brand and strengthen relationships with clients and plan advisors.
Reports on ongoing prospect development, sales, results and CRM activities identified and determine strategy.
Monitors and analyzes performance against agreed sales targets, as well as forecasting and providing updates to the management team.
Maintains detailed knowledge of PBC’s new and existing products, and of current market conditions and competitors’ products.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in B2B and/or B2C sales
- Experience working with consulting houses and large advisor firms
- Sales experience in group insurance environment or key account management role
- University degree or technical school diploma in a relevant field (Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, etc.), including or supplemented by courses in marketing and sales
- Current Life Insurance License with ability to sell individual life, disability and Critical Illness insurance policies in British Columbia
- High-level, strategic selling skills derived from working in multi-layered, business-to-business focused environments
- Relationship builder with proven track record of prospecting and delivering new business
- Results and solution-focused, with strong negotiation and time management skill
- Exceptional presentation skills supported by strong communications skills
- Ability to manage inter-departmental communications in order to achieve shared objectives
- Ability to communicate the company’s core value propositions in an effective manner, in order to create a distinct advantage in the marketplace
Work involves frequent travel within the Lower Mainland and periodic travel outside the Lower Mainland.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.