2223 - 32
What we do
At BC Children’s Hospital Foundation, we’re on a quest to ensure every kid in the province receives the best health care imaginable. As a fundraising organization, we inspire communities and people to support BC Children’s Hospital, along with its world-class research institute, mental health facility and rehabilitation center.
Our work makes a profound difference. From helping get the boldest research ideas off the ground to supporting the most advanced equipment, together we are pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in children’s health care. This is no small task—which is why we’re looking for passionate people to join our team and help propel our work forward to power the possible.
What you’ll do
As we embark on a bold new strategic plan, we are looking for a talented, Mandarin-speaking Event Coordinator to join our incredible team. In this role, you will be a key member of our Events team and play an integral role in helping to power the possible. As an events whiz, you will build strong relationships with our volunteer committees and across BCCHF to ensure seamless execution of logistics to a variety of fundraising, stewardship and cultivation events with a focus on the Chinese Community.
Reporting to and working in partnership with the Event Manager, you will work to ensure that we use every opportunity to turn everyday transactions into meaningful interactions and experiences with our donors, volunteers and other integral partners.
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Leading event logistics execution and planning by:
- Creating internal documents, including critical paths, production schedules, run of show and planning on-site execution.
- Locating and securing new vendors in areas deemed as potential in-kind sponsorships, and coordinating with vendors on orders, delivery times and logistics.
- Building annual event budgets, and ensuring close tracking of all event expenses to minimize costs and maximize fundraising revenue.
- Developing and planning event day volunteer needs, and supporting committee volunteers to maximize their engagement
- Leading event donor communications planning in conjunction with Marketing & Communications and Donor Relations teams, ensuring prompt and accurate delivery of information to all guests in both lead up and post-event activities
- Working in collaboration with the Donor Relations lead to develop, maintain and execute plans for donor recognition in lead up and post-event,
- Providing support of sponsorship activations and benefits (i.e. onsite at events, as well as in the lead-up on event communications and collateral pieces).
- Supervising an Event Assistant with particular tasks and projects, as needed.
- Coordinating and supporting events independently as required, and performing other event related tasks
- Ensuring donor contact information is accurate, assigned appropriately and all outgoing tax receipts are tracked
- Working collaboratively with the philanthropy lead to support committee engagement and management, through creation of agendas and minutes/actions, ensuring committee members are supported.
- Overseeing the recruitment and training of volunteers for pre-event and on-event activities.
- Reviewing and evaluating accounts and programs to see where there is strategic growth potential, working with other Foundation teams to determine potential new donors, creating business plans and yearly goals for the events within our portfolios.
What you bring
We are looking for a professional, flexible, and dynamic individual who demonstrates a high level of motivation and has the ability to balance diverse workloads. You ideally possess an understanding of event logistics, fundraising principles, marketing and communications and/or have experience working with a wide variety of stakeholders such as volunteers, donors, and corporate sponsors. This knowledge is complemented by your proven ability to build strong internal and external relationships, and work collaboratively at all levels. You have solid organizational and communication skills and attention to detail. You are analytical, methodical, results-oriented, and innovative.
In addition, you have:
- A university degree or diploma in marketing, sales, events, or business administration.
- Fluency in written and spoken Mandarin.
- Minimum three years related experience in special events planning; ideally working with a volunteer event organizing committee.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and RENXT or Raiser’s Edge fundraising software.
- Experience in a not-for-profit environment is an asset.
- Experience working with collecting, assessing and acting on large amounts of data.
- Strong and effective project management and budgeting skills.
- A fundraising and/or an event planning designation are considered an asset.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed, including evenings and weekends.
- A driver’s license and/or access to reliable transportation
What you can expect
This position is based in our office located in Vancouver, BC. As part of enabling the kind of culture and values that power the possible, we’re committed to creating a flexible workplace experience. We are currently piloting a fully hybrid work environment that allows individuals and teams to split their time between working remotely from home and in-office, with no defined minimum amount of time in-office. It’s a partnership grounded in trust, where working together, team leaders and members determine what activities require on-site presence and schedule time and commitments appropriately.
Throughout the pandemic, BCCHF has committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our team members. As an organization who advocates for child health, we have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy requiring that all employees who work for BCCHF must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Reasonable accommodations will be made upon request should there be a need for an exemption based on the BC Human Rights Code protected grounds; these will be reviewed and discussed on a case-by-case basis.
We believe that anything is possible. And that permeates every action we take. As a team, we push ourselves to constantly aim higher in our work. We try new things and challenge the status quo. We respect each other and act from a place of compassion in everything we do.
While we take our work seriously, we’re also big on taking care of our team. We offer perks like a nine-day fortnight schedule and remote work options, topnotch health and dental benefits, and a commitment to professional development.
We think it’s a pretty amazing place. Others agree—we’re proud to say that we’ve been recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers for 13 years in a row.
BCCHF invites and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. As an organization committed to fostering an inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and support, we welcome individuals whose experiences may further contribute to the rich diversification of skills, knowledge, and backgrounds at the Foundation.
Seem like the right place for you? Join us and help kids shine. Apply online by October 12, 2022 at https://www.bcchf.ca/join-team/