HARD ROCK CASINO VANCOUVER is currently seeking a CAGE CASHIER! This is a frontline customer service position involving cash and voucher transactions with patrons; the position also involves transacting between vault and colleague cash desks and maintaining/balancing a float. If you demonstrate attention to detail, excel in a fast paced team environment, and are ready to start building a rewarding career, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you! Are you ready! Then, Get in the Game. Its all you...
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the redemption of gaming vouchers in a pleasant and professional manner in compliance with cash handling procedures, internal controls, company policies and procedures and/or BC Lottery Corporation (BCLC) policies and procedures; report any violations and escalate to the appropriate level as necessary
- Process Jackpot payments
- Balance Cash Float at the beginning and end of shifts, and keep working areas organized
- Keep control over Cash Desk keys and ensure their return to the Cage Supervisor at the end of the shift
- Complete Foreign Currency exchanges, buy backs and Travellers’ Cheques as per BCLC policy
- Complete currency exchanges and transactions, track player financial activities and complete required reports to comply with the Criminal Code of Canada Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering), Terrorist Financing Act/Regulations and the BC Lottery Corporation policies and procedures
- Ensure safety and security of employees and guests while providing prompt, courteous service to assure guests have an enjoyable gaming experience
- Ensure all transactions are processed and recorded properly in the various electronic systems
- Acquire and maintain a strong knowledge of all Cash Cage policies and procedures
- Participate in a professional, constructive and supportive environment for all Casino staff with an attention to open communication and a team concept
- Preserve Casino and guest confidentiality while at work and away from work
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years cash handling experience in a customer service position
- Ability to operate adding machines, currency counters and other related equipment
- Working knowledge of computers
- Professional attitude and appearance, strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Dependable and reliable with a demonstrated commitment to service excellence
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts including days, nights and weekends
Since the party never stops at Hard Rock Casino Vancouver, candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays. The hours of work will be based on guest and business needs.
Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at Hard Rock Casino Vancouver. If you’re ready to “Take the Stage” apply today to join our team!
Great Canadian Gaming Corporation is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we welcome all qualified applicants to apply to join our team of unique contributors. We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process and applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required. We thank all applicants for their interest, and will contact those qualified to continue in the recruitment process.
Great Canadian Gaming Corporation encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 Vaccine. Proof of vaccination is required for entry into our Company Premises unless an exemption is required by law. Proof of full vaccination or undertaking rapid testing twice a week is a condition of employment for successful candidates. Great Canadian Gaming Corporation may update its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and requirements at any time in its sole discretion.