LOCATION: Pickering Casino
Reporting to the Project Lead and under the general direction of the Construction Director, this position is a 14 month contract that is responsible for all aspects necessary planning, scheduling, and safe execution of the work related to all phases of construction for the Pickering Casino. Ensuring business integration, transition events, operational readiness plans, processes and documentation organization is being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget while ensuring adherence to all policies and procedures.
• Overall responsibility for the safe execution of the work on site.
• Effectively plan and schedule all activities necessary to complete the construction of the project.
• Overall responsibility for timely and quality execution of the work on site including coordination of trade contractors on site and material deliveries to meet the schedule.
• Coordinate with other Superintendents and Project Managers to ensure effective. completion of all aspects and phases of the Project.
• Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments at a senior level.
• Coordinate and execute an efficient transition plan; leveraging former lessons learned and project artifacts and own enhancements.
• Tracks and controls transition schedule and costs to achieve completion within time and budget, and takes corrective action as required.
• Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders: management, suppliers, vendors and employees; while ensuring all compliance and vetted requirements.
• Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
• Completes formal project close/lessons learned process.
• Performing other duties as required.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
• Postsecondary Diploma or Degree in a Construction related program or Journeyman certification.
• 10+ years experience in the ICI Construction market on projects of similar scope and complexity.
• Gold Seal Certification is an asset.
• Ability to meet deadlines and coordinate numerous resources.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as to collaborate successfully with various levels of management.
• Ability to handle sensitive and complex issues with discretion, confidentiality and good judgement.
• Highly motivated self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude, and the ability to take initiative, prioritize, and work productively without supervision under demanding timelines.
• Proficiency in MS Office; MS Project / Primavera, Bluebeam and PDF Writer.