LOCATION: Pickering Casino
Reporting directly to the Superintendent and under the general direction of the Project Lead, this 10 - 12 month contract is responsible for coordinating the work of the trade contractors on site, ensuring that processes and documentation organization is being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget while contributing to a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees. Ensures adherence to all policies and procedures.
• Support Superintendent in the safe execution of the work on site.
• Execute the plan and schedule all activities necessary to complete the construction of the project.
• Ensure timely and quality execution of the work on site including coordination of trade contractors on site and material deliveries to meet the schedule.
• Coordinate with other Project Superintendents and Project Managers to ensure effective completion of all aspects and phases of the Project.
• Assist in the execution of the transition plan.
• Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders: management, suppliers, vendors and employees; while ensuring all compliance and vetted requirements.
• Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
• Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
• Completes formal project close/lessons learned process.
• Other duties as required.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
• Postsecondary Diploma or Degree in a Construction related program or Journeyman certification, GSC Superintendent designation preferred.
• 2-5 years experience in the ICI Construction market on projects of similar scope and complexity.
• Ability to meet deadlines and coordinate numerous resources, a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as to collaborate successfully with various levels of management.
• Highly motivated self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude, and the ability to take initiative, prioritize, and work productively without supervision under demanding timelines.
• Ability to handle sensitive and complex issues with discretion, confidentiality and good judgment.
• High proficiency in MS Office; MS Project / Primavera, Bluebeam and PDF Writer