LOCATION: WOODBINE CASINO
Under the general direction of the Construction Director and Project Lead, position is responsible for all phases of business integration and construction for the Woodbine Casino Development project. This also includes transition events and operational readiness plans while ensuring that process, documentation organization and contributing to a safe and welcoming work environment is being followed on schedule and within budget. This position must also ensure adherence to all policies and procedures.
• Executes transition and operational project plans, including schedules, budget, and soft costs, ensuring cost and time effectiveness.
• Coordinate and execute an efficient transition plan; leveraging former lessons learned and project artifacts and own enhancements.
• Coordinate with other Project Managers and Superintendents on other components of the Project to ensure the most efficient completion of the entire project.
• Documents, controls and tracks appropriate administrative records of all contracts and obtains all necessary documentations.
• Tracks and controls transition schedule and costs to achieve completion within time and budget, and takes corrective action as required.
• Ensures necessary information is available to the project team to execute work on site.
• Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders: management, suppliers, vendors and employees; while ensuring all compliance and vetted requirements.
• Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
• Completes formal project close/lessons learned process.
• Perform other duties as required.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
• Postsecondary Diploma or Degree within a Construction related program.
• 7 - 10 years experience in the ICI Construction projects of similar scope and complexity.
• Ability to meet deadlines and coordinate numerous resources,
• Demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as with a team.
• Highly motivated self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Experience taking initiative, prioritizing, and work productively without supervision under demanding timelines.
• Ability to handle sensitive and complex issues with discretion, confidentiality and good judgement.
• Experience working in programs such as Procore, EcoSys, Hard Dollar or similar Construction Management software.
• Proficiency in MS Office, MS Project / Primavera, Visio, Bluebeam and PDF Writer.