Hastings Racecourse & Casino is looking for Cage Cashiers to join its team!
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Manager, Cash Operations this position is responsible for ensuring adherence to all policies and procedures through duties including cash administration while contributing to a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees. This is a frontline customer service position involving cash and slot ticket voucher transactions with patrons. This position also involves transacting between the vault, colleague cash desks, slot attendants and maintaining/balancing an issued cash float.
- Responsible for the redemption of casino gaming ticket vouchers in a pleasant and professional manner in compliance with cash handling procedures, internal controls, company policies and procedures and/or BC Lottery Corporation (BCLC) policies and procedures; report any violations to the appropriate level as necessary
- Process Jackpot payments
- Issues and reconciles cash floats with slot attendants
- Facilitates bill exchange transactions with slot attendants
- Balance Cash Float at the beginning and end of shifts, and keep working areas organized
- Maintain custody of Cash Desk keys signed out from Security Manager and/or ensure the return to the Security Manager or designate at the end of the shift
- Complete and process suspect and found money as per BCLC and company policy
- Complete Foreign Currency transactions as per BCLC and company policy
- Complete Travelers’ Cheques exchange transactions as per BCLC and company policy
- Complete currency exchanges and transactions, track player financial activities and complete required reports to comply with the Criminal Code of Canada Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering), Terrorist Financing Act/Regulations and the BC Lottery Corporation policies and procedures
- Ensure safety and security of employees and guests
- Provide prompt, courteous service to assure guests have an enjoyable gaming experience
- Ensure all transactions are processed and recorded properly in the various electronic systems operating in the Cash Cage (GMS-Gaming Management System)
- Acquire and maintain a strong knowledge of all Cash Cage policies and procedures
- Participate in a professional, constructive and supportive environment for all Casino staff with an attention to open communication and a team concept
- Preserve Casino and guest confidentiality while at work and away from work in accordance with established company policies and procedures
- Comply and ensure team members comply with all requirements of the Corporate Ethics & Conduct Manual and with all other corporate policies communicated to the employee through the Human Resources Policy Manual and its periodic updates.
- Familiarize him or herself with the business process documentation and internal control objectives related to this position, and how this job description aligns with specific internal control activities
- Must adhere to all HEI, BCLC and GPEB policies as they relate to functions of the position.
- Must adhere to Casino Standards Policies and Procedures (CSPP) as required by the British Columbia Lottery Corporation
- Any other duties as assigned or directed
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have cash handling experience
- Strong communication and mathematical skills
- Experience working with high cash volumes is preferred
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Must have the ability to operate adding machines, currency counters and other related equipment
- Must possess working knowledge of computers
- Ready and willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must present a professional appearance and be able to work in a loud, stimulating environment.
- Must possess excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Must be dependable and reliable with a demonstrated commitment to service excellence
- Must successfully pass a criminal and credit record check by the Gaming and Policy Enforcement Branch (GPEB)
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
If this sounds like a GREAT opportunity for you, we invite you register your interest. If your skills and experience are a match for our position, our professional recruiters will be in contact with you. Thank you for your application and your interest in Great Canadian.