OGGTA is a Partnership formed by Great Canadian Gaming Corporation (TSX:GC) ("Great Canadian") and Brookfield Business Partners L.P. (NYSE:BBU)(TSX:BBU.UN) ("Brookfield Business Partners") (together the “corporate Partners”) to operate certain gaming facilities in the Greater Toronto Area (the "GTA Bundle") now doing business as One Toronto Gaming.
The GTA Bundle is the largest award by the OLG as part of the modernization of its casino operations. In 2019, its three facilities, Casino Woodbine, Casino Ajax and Great Blue Heron Casino generated gross gaming revenue of over $1.4 billion. These facilities have a combined total of over 4,900 slot machines and e-games, 160 table games and employ more than 2,700 team members.
The Partnership will bring considerable gaming, urban redevelopment and hospitality expertise to the operations and strategic repositioning of the GTA Bundle. This development (subject to ongoing approvals) and modernization will include integrated property expansions that will enhance the gaming offerings to service the GTA market. It will also include leading world-class amenities consisting of state-of-the-art conference facilities, hotels, resorts and premier entertainment venues.
We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk. The successful incumbent reports directly to the Accounts Payable Supervisor and will be responsible for processing all invoices received for payment in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner. The incumbent will have knowledge of the full Accounts Payable cycle. The Accounts Payable Clerk will possess the leadership, relationship building and technical skills required to perform reconciliation of OGGTA’s accounts payables and relevant liability accounts.
- Collaborate with other internal and external stakeholders to develop streamlined processes that achieve efficient and effective service levels;
- Process the full accounts payable cycle in compliance with financial policies and procedures;
- Maintain Accounts Payable database, file and maintain all accounting documents, verification of vendor statements, and generate accounts payable reports as requested in assistance with month-end close;
- Prepares accruals and month end journal entries;
- Prepare monthly vendor statement reconciliations;
- Responds to and resolves inquiries and issues related to Accounts Payable including vendor disputes related to their accounts;
- Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments;
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders; colleagues, management and vendors;
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations;
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned or directed.
Qualification & other requirements
- Post-secondary education in accounting/finance or combination of education and experience; Professional accounting designation an asset;
- Minimum 3 years of high volume, multi-divisional accounts payable experience;
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships and work with professionals around the organization;
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication in a dynamic work environment;
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, and Enterprise Resource Planning software (JD Edwards and Cognos EP preferred, but not required).