Pickering Casino Resort is slated to open in early 2020 and will feature a number of gaming and dining options, while the second phase will include a full scope of entertainment amenities and hotel offerings. Once complete, the Pickering Casino Resort will include a casino, hotel, entertainment centre, and multiple food outlets, providing an eclectic mix of adventure, culture, cuisine, and entertainment.
The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with proven knowledge, skills and abilities, executing the following in support of the company’s vision, mission and values:
- Provides leadership and direction to the surveillance operation at the site level on a shift basis; provides input for employee performance objectives and evaluations.
- Assists with the implementation of surveillance operation strategic plans.
- Schedules and supervises employees; assigns shift work assignments
- Monitors, documents and reports violations, large cash and cash equivalent transactions excluded and self-excluded guests, and unauthorized access
- Maintains logs; updates records; stores records securely for evidence purposes
- Monitors, documents and reports on the condition of surveillance facilities and equipment; maintains a preventative maintenance schedule
- Reviews special investigation results or requests as directed; provides reporting
- Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders: guests, ownership and employees
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Post-Secondary education in criminology or suitable combination of education and experience an asset
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- Computer literacy in MS Office
- Minimum 5 years of surveillance and/or security experience; minimum 2 years supervisory experience; gaming experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Keen eye for detail, with the ability to focus on monitors for long periods of time
- Possess a high level of honesty and integrity
- Adherence to high standards, methods and procedures
- Knowledge of the Gaming Control Act, AGCO & OLG Policies and Procedures
- Background experience in Criminology an asset
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Goal oriented
- The ability to obtain registration as a Category 1 Gaming Assistant with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
Pickering Casino Resort candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights. The hours of work will be based on operational needs. Ready to embark on your next adventure?
One Toronto Gaming accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources of requirements in advance