River Rock Casino Resort, a subsidiary of Great Canadian Gaming Corporation, is Western Canada’s only Four-Diamond Casino Resort. River Rock has something for everyone, whether you are looking to enjoy our incredible gaming experience in our casino, indulge in our food & beverage options, enjoy some live entertainment in our Theater or enjoy our amazing hotel accommodations. We are nestled along the river offering beautiful scenery and are situated by the Canada Line Skytrain and close to Vancouver International Airport (YVR).
As a member of the River Rock team you will share our VALUES of Team Work, Guest Focus, Integrity, Recognition and Social Responsibility as they are the pillars to our success. In addition, you will be eligible for some amazing perks!
We are currently searching for an experienced Room Attendant to join our team, located in Richmond BC. The successful candidate will report to the Manager on Duty, Housekeeper, Housekeeping Department and will be an integral part of our Housekeeping team. The main responsibilities for this role will be maintaining the cleanliness of assigned guest’s rooms and public areas of the Resort.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Making beds, changing linen, vacuuming and cleaning as per policies and procedure
- Providing the rooms with fresh towels and toiletries
- Restocking inventories as required
- Answering guests’ questions
- Checking that TVs, radios, lights and AC/Heating are in proper working order
- Dusting and polishing furniture
- Scrubbing floors, walls and windows as required
- Emptying and cleaning waste paper baskets and ashtrays
- Removing linens and garbage to appropriate bins
- Shampooing carpets as directed and required
- Reporting damages to Team Leader or Manager
- Liaising and communicating effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performing other duties as assigned or directed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Available to work up to 40 hours per week in a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings, and weekends as we operate 24 hours per day, seven days a week
- High School Diploma
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Energetic, highly motivated
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to successfully pass a Criminal Record Check
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- A commitment to continually increase your knowledge of our products and services in order to offer exceptional experiences to our guests
- A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development
- Live GCC’s Values on the job: Integrity, Team Engagement, Drive to Succeed, Service Excellence, and Citizenship
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence.
PERKS when working with us:
- Compensation is based on the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
- MSP, Extended Health & Dental benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) are offered and determined based on the CBA
- Perkopolis discounts with various vendors
- Team member Hotel and Entertainment industry perks and discounts
- Incredible opportunity to grow within the organization
- Being part of an incredible team filled with various team member appreciation events
- Easily accessible via the Canada Line Skytrain
At River Rock Casino Resort, we seek to hire individuals with diverse backgrounds. If you possess these skills and qualifications, are legally entitled to work in Canada and have a passion for creating exceptional guest experiences we invite you to apply online with confidence. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
River Rock Casino Resort
8811 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3P8