Do you like to have fun at work? As Atlantic Canada’s top entertainment destination, we are all about fun! Walk through our doors and feel the energy! Located in the vibrant Halifax Downtown core, our central location makes us easy to access by foot, car, transit, or ferry.
When you join Casino Nova Scotia, you are joining a team that is proud of our people, our business and our community.
As leaders in the hospitality and entertainment industry, we credit our success to you. It’s your creativity; playfulness and enthusiasm that create memorable experiences for our guests.
We are proud to offer the thrill of gaming with over 750 ways to play, the best in live entertainment and premier dining options. Our unique waterfront destination offers superior banquet and catering services for every event; from grand-scale weddings to intimate gatherings. As a community-minded employer, we are also proud to support non-profit organizations and charities in our community.
We offer competitive wages, advancement opportunities, recognition programs and exciting social activities. From ice-cream days, to barbeques, to VIP events, it’s easy to have fun at Casino Nova Scotia, Halifax!
So come on down, show us your energy and let the fun begin!
Scope And General Description of Job
This position requires candidate to seat guests and assist servers when necessary. This person also assists in side duties, bussing and setting tables, as well as guest service. Will also be responsible for light cleaning duties.
- Assists in side preparation and set-up duties
- Busses and sets tables
- Responsible for light cleaning duties
- Perform cash transactions
- Mature persons considered on merit – Grade 12 preferred.
- Completion of "Serve right - It's just good business" Certificate
- MICROS or REMENCO experience an asset.
- WHMIS training an asset.
- Required to lift up to 30lbs.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks at once.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and work well under pressure.
- Must have excellent GEM skills.
- Must be energetic and a team player.
- Finds ways to play; you are serious about work, without being serious
- Chooses to make everyday a great day
- Stays focused in order to be there
- Delivers an exceptional entertainment experience to internal and external guests to ensure you make their day
- Applicants must be 19 years of age or older to be considered for employment with Casino Nova Scotia