Do you like to have fun at work? As Atlantic Canada’s top entertainment destination, we are all about fun! Walk through our doors and feel the energy! Located in the vibrant Halifax Downtown core, our central location makes us easy to access by foot, car, transit, or ferry.
When you join Casino Nova Scotia, you are joining a team that is proud of our people, our business and our community.
As leaders in the hospitality and entertainment industry, we credit our success to you. It’s your creativity; playfulness and enthusiasm that create memorable experiences for our guests.
We are proud to offer the thrill of gaming with over 750 ways to play, the best in live entertainment and premier dining options. Our unique waterfront destination offers superior banquet and catering services for every event; from grand-scale weddings to intimate gatherings. As a community-minded employer, we are also proud to support non-profit organizations and charities in our community.
We offer competitive wages, advancement opportunities, recognition programs and exciting social activities. From ice-cream days, to barbeques, to VIP events, it’s easy to have fun at Casino Nova Scotia, Halifax!
So come on down, show us your energy and let the fun begin!
Scope And General Description of Job
This position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness in all areas of the kitchen including dish washing, general preparation, cooking, and storage areas.
- Washes various kitchen tools, dishes and equipment
- Works with dish washing equipment and chemicals
- Ensures all duties are completed efficiently, accurately and in adherence with all guidelines, procedures and health, safety and food regulations
- Maintains the highest standard of service for internal and external guests
- Finds ways to play; you are serious about work, without being serious
- Chooses to make everyday a great day
- Stays focused in order to be there
- Delivers an exceptional entertainment experience to internal and external guests to ensure you make their day
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent an asset
- Must be able to lift 25 kg
- Knowledge of WHMIS would be considered an asset
- Previous stewarding experience an asset
- Great multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Excels in working in a team environment
- Must be flexible and able to work various shifts
- Must be energetic and able to work quickly, under pressure, in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Must be friendly, detailed oriented, fun and outgoing!