Right now we’re looking for great people like you to join our team! We’re looking for outgoing, professional, driven individuals that want to become our next 4th Cook (Commis Chef). You will be responsible for the preparation of food items while ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations. This position requires flexibility for scheduling including evenings, holidays, and weekend shifts. Your opportunity is here.
- Preparing, pre-cooking and/or cooking food products as directed;
- Preparing mis en place (“setting in place” of foods, garnishes, sauces, dishes, cutlery, etc) and other products as required for high volume production;
- Receiving, labeling, dating, storing and rotating products/stock in appropriate storage areas;
- Assisting with month end inventories as directed;
- Cleaning kitchen equipment after use according to health and safety policies;
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations;
- Cleaning culinary equipment after use and/or removing soiled equipment to the stewarding area;
- Performing other duties as assigned or directed.
- Culinary experience & education an asset;
- Enrollment or completion of the ITA apprentice program is an asset;
- A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development;
- Must posses professional attitude and be a team player;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Serving it Right Certification;
- Food Safe Level 1 Certification;
- The willingness to obtain a criminal record check.
At Elements, we make sure you have what you need to take care of yourself and your wellbeing. We know this is important to you, and that’s why we are happy to offer a comprehensive benefits package, in addition to other great perks and opportunities. Eligibility for benefits may depend upon position and hours worked at Elements Casino.
*Your Benefits at Elements Casino could include:
•Medical & Vision Coverage
•Medical Service Plan (MSP)
•Employee Share Purchase Plan
•Paid Time Off
•And much more…...
* Benefits Eligibility may depend upon position and hours worked
Qualified applicants are welcome to apply online or submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org