Do you like to have fun at work? As Atlantic Canada’s top entertainment destination, we are all about fun! Walk through our doors and feel the energy! Located in the vibrant Halifax Downtown core, our central location makes us easy to access by foot, car, transit, or ferry. When you join Casino Nova Scotia, you are joining a team that is proud of our people, our business and our community. As leaders in the hospitality and entertainment industry, we credit our success to you. It’s your creativity; playfulness and enthusiasm that create memorable experiences for our guests. We are proud to offer the thrill of gaming with over 750 ways to play, the best in live entertainment and premier dining options. Our unique waterfront destination offers superior banquet and catering services for every event; from grand-scale weddings to intimate gatherings. As a community-minded employer, we are also proud to support non-profit organizations and charities in our community.
We offer competitive wages, advancement opportunities, recognition programs and exciting social activities. From ice-cream days, to barbeques, to VIP events, it’s easy to have fun at Casino Nova Scotia, Halifax!So come on down, show us your energy and let the fun begin!
Assistant Accounting Manager (Full-Time)
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Finance, this position will be the main financial liaison between Casino Nova Scotia, Great Canadian Gaming Corporation’s head office, and Nova Scotia Provincial Lotteries and Casino Corporation. Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: revenue and banking reconciliations, month-end reporting, preparing journal entries, and the overall supervision and engagement of the Accounting team. Must be collaborative, excel at multi-tasking and display exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will contribute to a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees, motivate, lead by example, and provide a learning environment. Above all else, must embrace and be aligned with Casino Nova Scotia’s culture and philosophy of providing outstanding entertainment experiences.
• Prepares month-end journal entries and reconciliations (pre-paid, revenue and general expenses);
• Prepares bank and general ledger account reconciliations, deposits cheques;
• Provides supervision and direction to the accounting team;
• Delivers performance evaluations for direct reports;
• Responds to and resolves inquiries and issues related to audit function;
• Communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments;
• Finds ways to play; you are serious about work, without being serious.
• Chooses to make everyday a great day.
• Stays focused in order to be there.
• Delivers an exceptional entertainment experience to internal and external guests to ensure you make their day.
• Embraces the Casino Nova Scotia culture and philosophy and has a playful, infectious and "all about the guest" attitude!
• Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in an accounting role.
• Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience required.
• Must be actively working towards an accounting designation.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel a must (these skills will be tested).
• Minimum 1 year experience using computerized accounting software.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Strong data entry skills; attention to details.
• Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
• Must be able to multi-task, and meet deadlines effectively.
• Must possess excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent organizational skills, an ability to work under pressure in a fast passed environment
• Adaptability to work both independently and as a team player, with ability to work in an open office environment.
• Candidates must be able to work flexible hours as required.
Note: Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Casino Nova Scotia is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace