Casino Woodbine is seeking a dynamic individual with a drive to succeed, strong business acumen & leadership skills to fill the role of Baccarat Shift Manager. Under the general direction of the Table Games Director, this position is responsible for overseeing and monitoring the gaming operations on a shift basis at the site level while establishing a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees. This role ensures adherence to all policies and procedures, and implements all new gaming operations initiatives as directed. Above all else, leading by example to create Great Experiences and Memories for all guests and colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Helps create an engaged work environment by choosing positivity and fun, recognizing excellent peer performance, and by caring about and supporting our colleagues every day
- Participates in the implementation of the departmental strategic plans
- Provides leadership, direction and mentoring to the gaming team while providing continuous coaching for success to achieve high performance
- Oversees the gaming operation on a shift basis
- Implements gaming operations strategic plans as directed
- Prepares and submits table games operation reports
- Responds to and resolves issues as escalated; reports irregularities, disputes and suspicious activities: reviews and prepares CSR Incident reports
- Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Leads a team of engaged team members who care passionately about the table games, player development and delivering a great guest experience
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders: guests, ownership, regulatory bodies and employees
- Contributes toward workplace health, safety and wellness initiatives
- Anticipates operational and service issues before they escalate, trouble-shoots and resolves guest concerns before they are complaints
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Table Games Pit Manager
- Post-Secondary education or a suitable combination of education and experience an asset
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Baccarat and a variety of table games required
- People-focused and committed to service excellence
- Proactive and solution-oriented with a drive to succeed
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- Computer literacy in MS Office
- Ability to obtain registration as a Category 1 Gaming Assistant with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
May 16: 10AM-6PM
May 24: 12PM-8PM
May 26: 10AM-2PM
555 Rexdale Blvd.
Woodbine Entertainment Group (WEG)
Paddock Closest entrance Gate 10
We will be holding on-site interviews, please bring your resume. Dress for Success!
Since the fun never stops at Casino Woodbine, candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights. The hours or work will be based on operational needs.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST FORWARD A COPY OF THEIR RESUME BY 5:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.
CASINO WOODBINE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WHICH VALUES DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE.