Casino Woodbine is seeking a dynamic individual with a drive to succeed, strong business acumen & leadership skills to fill the role of Table Games Pit Manager. Under the general direction of the Table Games Shift Manager, this position is responsible for monitoring the day-to-day activities of the table games operations at the site level, ensuring adherence to all policies and procedures, motivating staff and leading by example to create Great Experiences and Memories for all guests and colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Helps to create an engaged work environment by choosing positivity and fun, recognizing excellent peer performance, and by caring about and supporting our colleagues every day
- Monitors table games operations; schedules and supervises employees; verifies timesheets; assigns shift work assignments; trains employees on table games
- Participates in all table games marketing initiatives and assists with implementation of these initiatives
- Verifies jackpots and table games wins on assigned tables
- Establishes and maintains table limits for each game
- Assesses active table game performance and results; reporting to the Table Games Shift Manager
- Inspects the games area for repair, maintenance and facilities reporting
- Responds to, resolves and/or reports issues as escalated
- Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders: guests, ownership and employees
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Supervises and organizing a section of the gaming floor to the highest standard of efficiency, patron service and security in accordance with the procedures and policies of the company and the Gaming Control Act of Ontario and its amendments
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum 3 years experience in Gaming Management; Table Games experience in a wide variety of games
- Post-Secondary education or suitable combination of education and experience
- Computer literacy in MS Office
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- People-focused and committed to service excellence
- Proactive and solution-oriented with a drive to succeed
- Ability to obtain registration as a Category 1 Gaming Assistant with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
May 16: 10AM-6PM
May 24: 12PM-8PM
May 26: 10AM-2PM
Casino Woodbine 555 Rexdale Blvd. Woodbine Entertainment Group (WEG) Paddock Closest entrance Gate 10
We will be holding on-site interviews, please bring your resume. Dress for Success!
Since the fun never stops at Casino Woodbine, candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights. The hours or work will be based on operational needs.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST FORWARD A COPY OF THEIR RESUME BY 5:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.
CASINO WOODBINE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WHICH VALUES DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE.