River Rock Casino Resort is the 2012 - 2017 Winner of the World Luxury Casino Hotel in North America, Trip Advisor’s 2014 winner of the Certificate of Excellence, and Western Canada’s only Four Diamond Casino Resort.
Take the Canada Line Skytrain to Bridgeport and you’re immediately transported to the exceptional River Rock Casino Resort featuring the luxurious Hotel at River Rock. River Rock is home to the best concerts and events in the state of the art River Rock Show Theatre. There’s 24/7 action in Western Canada’s largest Casino Resort, featuring over 1200 slot machines, 5 poker tables and over 100 table games! Every palate is sure to be pleased at River Rock, where we offer everything from our incredible Buffet, to the sumptuous offerings in Curve Lounge, to Richmond’s most acclaimed West Coast fine dining experience in Tramonto. River Rock has something for everyone!
Whether you work as a Chef on our Culinary brigade, as a Blackjack Dealer in our Party Pit, a Server in our International Food Court, or as a Room Attendant in our Hotel, you will have the countless opportunities to provide our guests with the Great Experiences and Memories that have made us famous!
The Official Casino of the Vancouver Canucks, River Rock is your place to shine! Your teammates are just like you – positive, up for a challenge, and always willing to go above and beyond for our guests. If you Expect Great Things, just like we do, we encourage you to apply to join our dynamic team of service professionals today! Starting your career at River Rock is never a gamble – our employees are the best in the business!
Join our Rock Solid team of gaming and hospitality professionals now, at www.riverrock.com!
River Rock Casino Resort is currently looking for a strong team member who is highly organized, guest focused and self-motivated. The Human Resources Advisor will deliver GEM service to team members and management. The Human Resources Advisor is an integral member of the HR team and will be responsible for handling day-to-day operations focusing on employee relations, disability management, occupational health and safety, labour relations, orientation and training.
The successful candidate is responsible for the following:
- Provide guidance and support to managers on employment legislation, HR policies, employee and labour relations and other HR matters.
- Assist with internal investigations and provide recommendations on issues.
- Answer questions on payroll and benefits, and liaise with Corporate Payroll on behalf of colleagues on such matters as benefits enrollment/changes, payroll discrepancies, etc.
- Support Corporate HR initiatives including but not limited to: surveys, policy and procedure revisions, implementation of new processes and procedures, program roll outs, compliance, etc.
- Support and assist with workplace health and safety initiatives and programs, including the completion of workplace risk assessments and safety inspections.
- Support and assist with leave management files (MLOA, LTD, WorkSafe BC, ICBC, bereavement, maternity etc.), including the gradual return to work program and process.
- Facilitate and deliver Corporate new hire orientation, training in a variety of topics including the guest service and supervisory/ management skills.
- Provide HR reports as requested; coordinate, process and enter HR documentation.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of HR programs, services, and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Completed a Degree and/or Diploma in Human Resources Management from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- 3 - 5 years Human Resources experience in a similar role.
- A CPHR designation would be considered an asset.
- Knowledgeable on employment, human rights legislations and WorkSafe BC regulations.
- Experience managing disability management files and assisting with coordinating gradual return to work programs.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Strong computer skills working with MS Office programs.
- Employer Connect, Cognos and HRIS experience (JD Edwards) are considered assets.
- Ability to deliver excellent guest service at all levels of the organization, and externally.
- Possess strong organizational, presentation, time management and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Listens thoroughly to issues and responds appropriately; demonstrates assertiveness when appropriate.
- Maintains and exercises a high degree of discretion and confidentiality in giving out information.
- Potential and interest in doing HR generalist work.
- Serving It Right Certification or the ability to achieve a Serving It Right Certification.
- The ability to successfully pass a criminal record and credit check through the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch (if required).
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule. The scheduled hours of work will be based on customer and business needs.
Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at River Rock Casino Resort. To start creating your Great Experiences and Memories, apply now. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!
River Rock Casino Resort
8811 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3P8