Hastings Racecourse has been capturing the imagination of Vancouverites and visitors alike since 1889. Each April through October, we are Vancouver’s exclusive source for live thoroughbred horseracing. This year, 600,000 guests of Hastings will wager on over 40,000 live and year-round national and international simulcast races combined. In addition, we offer over 600 of the newest slot machines on our Casino Floor - complete with a spectacular entertainment lounge – as well as food and beverage options ranging from casual to fine dining.
A Vancouver landmark, Hastings offers spectacular views of the North Shore Mountains and Burrard Inlet, and located only 4 km from downtown Vancouver, B.C., we are conveniently accessible by car or public transit. Hastings opens its doors at 10:00am everyday and closes at 2:00am Sunday thru Thursday and 4:00am Fridays and Saturdays. A truly unique entertainment destination, Hastings offers an equally unique employment experience for our staff. A member of the Great Canadian group of companies, Hastings Racecourse offers both seasonal and year-round positions in a fast paced, high energy environment.
Get your career racing with Hastings Racecourse today and find out why we’re “Bred for Excitement” since 1889.
Hastings Racecourse has an immediate opening for the position of Building Maintenance in our Property Services department. This is an hourly position and will require the successful candidate to be available for all shifts, including days/nights and weekends/holidays.
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of the Manager, Property Services, this position is responsible for the general maintenance of the site.
- General maintenance/clean-up in & around plant (can include but is not limited to: sweeping, leaf/garbage blowing, garbage removal, replacement of garbage bags, etc., wet mopping, vacuuming, fire hosing, window cleaning, dusting)
- Painting & preparation for same
- Floor stripping/waxing; operation of floor scrubber
- Steam cleaning & pressure washing
- Minor repairs (building, fixtures, equipment) and installations
- Moving of furniture, equipment, etc.
- Some receiving in absence of supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Completion of Building Service Worker course an asset
- Janitorial work experience and/or training an asset; experience with related equipment
- Willing to acquire WHMIS
- Knowledge of basic carpentry, plumbing, and electrics preferred
- Ability/willingness to do heavy cleaning, lift/move heavy objects & climb ladders or work at heights as required
- Good inter-personal skills
- Ability to work effectively without direct supervision
- Ability to work well in a team environment with strong communication skills
- Ready and willing to work a flexible schedule based on business needs
- Must successfully pass a criminal and credit record check by the Gaming and Policy Enforcement Branch (GPEB)
- Willing to acquire Serving It Right certificate
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
How to apply: Qualified candidates are welcome to click on the APPLY ONLINE NOW button and take a moment to register with our career centre. Great Canadian thanks all candidates that apply for this position. If your application is shortlisted for the position, one of our professional recruiters will be in touch.