Hastings Racecourse has been capturing the imagination of Vancouverites and visitors alike since 1889. Each April through October, we are Vancouver’s exclusive source for live thoroughbred horseracing. This year, 600,000 guests of Hastings will wager on over 40,000 live and year-round national and international simulcast races combined. In addition, we offer over 600 of the newest slot machines on our Casino Floor - complete with a spectacular entertainment lounge – as well as food and beverage options ranging from casual to fine dining.
A Vancouver landmark, Hastings offers spectacular views of the North Shore Mountains and Burrard Inlet, and located only 4 km from downtown Vancouver, B.C., we are conveniently accessible by car or public transit. Hastings opens its doors at 10:00am everyday and closes at 2:00am Sunday thru Thursday and 4:00am Fridays and Saturdays. A truly unique entertainment destination, Hastings offers an equally unique employment experience for our staff. A member of the Great Canadian group of companies, Hastings Racecourse offers both seasonal and year-round positions in a fast paced, high energy environment.
Get your career racing with Hastings Racecourse today and find out why we’re “Bred for Excitement” since 1889.
Hastings Racecourse is currently seeking qualified individuals for the position of Cage Cashier in our Gaming Operations department. This is a part-time hourly position, and the selected applicants must be available to work all shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of the Assistant Manager, Cash Operations. This is a frontline customer service position involving cash and slot ticket voucher transactions with patrons. This position also involves transacting between the vault, colleague cash desks, slot attendants and maintaining/balancing an issued cash float.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must successfully pass a criminal and credit record check by the Gaming and Policy Enforcement Branch (GPEB)
- Must have Serving It Right certification
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong organizational, communication and mathematical skills
- Experience working with high cash volumes is preferred
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ready and willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Must present a professional appearance and be able to work in a loud, stimulating environment.
- A passion for providing Great Expereinces and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
How to apply: Qualified candidates are welcome to click on the APPLY ONLINE NOW button and take a moment to register with our career centre. Great Canadian thanks all candidates that apply for this position. If your application is shortlisted for the position, one of our professional recruiters will be in touch.