Do you like to have fun at work? As Atlantic Canada’s top entertainment destination, we are all about fun! Walk through our doors and feel the energy! Located in the vibrant Halifax Downtown core, our central location makes us easy to access by foot, car, transit, or ferry.
When you join Casino Nova Scotia, you are joining a team that is proud of our people, our business and our community.
As leaders in the hospitality and entertainment industry, we credit our success to you. It’s your creativity; playfulness and enthusiasm that create memorable experiences for our guests.
We are proud to offer the thrill of gaming with over 750 ways to play, the best in live entertainment and premier dining options. Our unique waterfront destination offers superior banquet and catering services for every event; from grand-scale weddings to intimate gatherings. As a community-minded employer, we are also proud to support non-profit organizations and charities in our community.
We offer competitive wages, advancement opportunities, recognition programs and exciting social activities. From ice-cream days, to barbeques, to VIP events, it’s easy to have fun at Casino Nova Scotia, Halifax!
So come on down, show us your energy and let the fun begin!
Scope And General Description Of Job
Under the direction of the F&B Supervisor(s), F&B Manager(s) the Bartender is responsible for exceptional and quality food and beverage service in the casino. Responsibilities include preparation work, side duties, and inventory while working in a team environment. Must be collaborative, excel at multi-tasking and display exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Contributes to a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees. Motivates, leads by example and provides a learning environment. Ensures adherence to all policies and procedures. Above all else, must embrace and be aligned with Casino Nova Scotia’s culture and philosophy of providing outstanding entertainment experiences.
- Responsible for promoting food and alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverage service to our guests and to Servers
- Responsible for all their financial transactions
- Responsible for communicating any potential issues or concerns regarding responsible beverage service
- Provides efficient and exceptional service to our guests in a friendly, professional and positive manner at all times as they are ambassadors of Casino Nova Scotia
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all stakeholders: guests, ownership,employees, vendors and regulators
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed
- Finds ways to play; you are serious about work, without being serious in demeanor
- Chooses to make everyday a great day
- Stays focused in order to be there
- Delivers an exceptional entertainment experience to internal and external guests to ensure you make their day
- Embraces the Casino Nova Scotia culture and philosophy and has a playful, infectious and "all about the guest" attitude!
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent is required
- Cash handling experience is required
- One-year bartending experience in a bar or pub setting is required
- Point of sales experience is required
- Micros knowledge is an asset
- Heavy lifting and ability to stand for the duration of a shift, is required
- Proven strong sales and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, is required
- Must be able to easily and effectively communicate with our guests about Responsible Beverage Service and recognize the signs of possible intoxication
- Proven ability to work quickly, under pressure, in a busy and fast-paced environment, is required
- Proven ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be pleasant, positive, self-motivated individual with the ability to multi-task
- Must be neat, clean and professional with your appearance