EXCITING JOB OPPORTUNITY
CHEF - FULL TIME #PTB-FB-001-2018
SHORELINES CASINO PETERBOROUGH
Team up with the industry’s best and provide great guest experiences at Shorelines Casino Peterborough!
This brand new multi-purpose entertainment facility is slated to open in September 2018. Peterborough, Ontario is located just south of the beautiful Muskoka cottage country, right next to The Kawarthas and just 90 minutes away from Canada’s largest urban centre, Toronto. Known for its big city amenities along with small town safety, friendliness, and affordability, Peterborough, Ontario is the perfect community not only to grow your career and family; it’s where you can take in the simple moments of life and enjoy it to the fullest. Quaint neighbourhoods, embellished architecture, picturesque views of the many lakes and an array of recreational and cultural activities and events come together. This vibrant city of over 81,000 people is rich in history and culture, balanced with a bright modernized future. Join us in Peterborough and see for yourself!
Ontario Gaming East Limited Partnership, a controlled affiliate of Great Canadian Gaming Corporation, is currently seeking a driven and energetic individual to join our growing business in eastern Ontario as the Chef at Shorelines Casino Peterborough! Leading and inspiring a team of engaged culinary employees, this position is responsible for the overall management and profitability of the culinary operation at the site. Reporting to the Manager, Food & Beverage, this role plans and directs all food preparation in a multi-outlet environment resulting in high guest satisfaction and a Great and Memorable Experience for our guests and colleagues. An amazing new facility and experience awaits a dynamic individual with a drive to succeed and exceed guest expectations and being engaged at work is part of the job!
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Exceeds guest expectations by providing outstanding customer service
- Helps create an engaged work environment by choosing positivity and fun, recognizing excellent peer performance, and by caring about and supporting our colleagues every day
- Provides leadership, direction and mentoring to the culinary team while providing continuous coaching for success to achieve high performance
- Plans, directs and implements food purchasing, preparation and presentation policies and procedures
- Designs and implements menus for each outlet; creats standardized recipes; reacts quickly to market fluctuations and seasonal product availability
- Provide leadership, direction and mentoring to the department while providing continuous coaching for success to achieve high performance
- Champion of workplace health, safety & wellness with a focus on employee education & training, workplace inspections and accident prevention
- Trains culinary employees in new culinary techniques through formal training sessions or meetings
- Participates in trade shows or culinary events to remain on the culinary cutting edge and presents new concepts to senior management
- Maintains food and labour costs per budgetary guidelines and makes suggestions to improve profitability
- Assists senior management in determining pricing for all food items based on availability and cost
- Leads a team of engaged team members who care passionately about gaming, entertainment and delivering a great guest experience
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- People-focused and committed to service excellence
- Proactive and solution-oriented with a drive to succeed
- Post-Secondary Culinary education in Culinary Management or suitable combination of education and experience
- Minimum 8 years of Culinary Management experience
- RED SEAL certification preffered
- Current Food Handling Certification and Smart Serve Certificate
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- Computer literacy in MS Office
Since the fun never stops at Shorelines, candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights, based on business needs.
How to Apply: Qualified candidates are welcome to click on the APPLY ONLINE NOW button on the gcgaming.com site and take a moment to register with our career centre. Applications will be accepted until April 20, 2018, 5:00 PM EST.
Internal applicants can submit directly to HR. Thank you for your application and best of luck!
**Please note we will only be accepting online applications. **
Additional Information: Shorelines Casinos Peterborough is located at 1400 Crawford Drive, Peterborough ON K9J 6X6. For information on living in Peterborough, please visit http://peterboroughed.ca/why-peterborough/live/ and or www.welcomepeterborough.ca/
Shorelines will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to advise in advance if accommodation is required.