Hastings Racecourse has been capturing the imagination of Vancouverites and visitors alike since 1889. Each April through October, we are Vancouver’s exclusive source for live thoroughbred horseracing. This year, 600,000 guests of Hastings will wager on over 40,000 live and year-round national and international simulcast races combined. In addition, we offer over 600 of the newest slot machines on our Casino Floor - complete with a spectacular entertainment lounge – as well as food and beverage options ranging from casual to fine dining.
A Vancouver landmark, Hastings offers spectacular views of the North Shore Mountains and Burrard Inlet, and located only 4 km from downtown Vancouver, B.C., we are conveniently accessible by car or public transit. Hastings opens its doors at 10:00am everyday and closes at 2:00am Sunday thru Thursday and 4:00am Fridays and Saturdays. A truly unique entertainment destination, Hastings offers an equally unique employment experience for our staff. A member of the Great Canadian group of companies, Hastings Racecourse offers both seasonal and year-round positions in a fast paced, high energy environment.
Get your career racing with Hastings Racecourse today and find out why we’re “Bred for Excitement” since 1889.
Hastings Racecourse is currently seeking qualified individuals for the position of Cook to join our F&B department. This is a seasonal hourly part-time position; successful applicants must be available to work on live race days (Friday through Sunday), Hong Kong races (late evenings) and all stat holidays.
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of the Chef de Cuisine, this position is responsible for the preparation of food for daily operations; cleaning and organizing all related work equipment and areas, and other duties as assigned.
Other responsibilities include:
- Prepping for banquet and a la carte menus
- Banquet and a la carte cooking
- Basic soup and sauce preparation
- Pastry and baking experience
- Food requisitions
- Restocking, cleaning and organizing all related work equipment and areas
- Positive and professional interaction between co-workers
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of all culinary aspects
- Must have Food Safe certification
- Some butchery skills required
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds
- Trades and qualification papers preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be a team player who works well with others
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
- Must obtain and produce a Criminal Record check valid within the past 60 days
How to apply: Qualified candidates are welcome to click on the APPLY ONLINE NOW button and take a moment to register with our career centre. Great Canadian thanks all candidates that apply for this position. If your application is shortlisted for the position, one of our professional recruiters will be in touch.