Do you like to have fun at work? As Atlantic Canada’s top entertainment destination, we are all about fun! Walk through our doors and feel the energy! Located in the vibrant Halifax Downtown core, our central location makes us easy to access by foot, car, transit, or ferry.
When you join Casino Nova Scotia, you are joining a team that is proud of our people, our business and our community.
As leaders in the hospitality and entertainment industry, we credit our success to you. It’s your creativity; playfulness and enthusiasm that create memorable experiences for our guests.
We are proud to offer the thrill of gaming with over 750 ways to play, the best in live entertainment and premier dining options. Our unique waterfront destination offers superior banquet and catering services for every event; from grand-scale weddings to intimate gatherings. As a community-minded employer, we are also proud to support non-profit organizations and charities in our community.
We offer competitive wages, advancement opportunities, recognition programs and exciting social activities. From ice-cream days, to barbeques, to VIP events, it’s easy to have fun at Casino Nova Scotia, Halifax!
Please note: applicants must be a minimum of 19 years of age in order to work at Casino Nova Scotia.
So come on down, show us your energy and let the fun begin!
Under the direction of the Slot Floor Supervisor(s), this position is responsible for providing exceptional guest services on the gaming floor to enhance guest experiences. Must be collaborative, must excel at multi-tasking and must display exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Contributes to a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees. Motivates, leads by example and provides a learning environment. Ensures adherence to all policies and procedures. Above all else, must embrace and be aligned with Casino Nova Scotia’s culture and philosophy of providing outstanding entertainment experiences.
- Working in an assigned area, greets and interacts with guests
- Provides guests with change for playing slot machines
- Completes jackpot pay-outs
- Maintains the security of the assets on the Casino floor
- Complies with all slots policies, procedures, regulations and controls as well as policies outlined in the employee handbook
- Finds ways to play; you are serious about work, without being serious in your demeanor
- Chooses to make everyday a great day
- Stays focused in order to be there
- Delivers an exceptional entertainment experience to internal and external guests to ensure you make their day
- Embraces the Casino Nova Scotia culture and philosophy and has a playful, infectious and "all about the guest" attitude!
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent is required
- Certification as a Slot Service Representative with the AGD is required
- Satisfactory attendance is required
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communications skills is required
- Proven ability to handle cash accurately
- Proven strong customer service skills for the delivery of outstanding guest service is required
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment is required
- Must be available for training: Dates TBD