Position: System Administrator Competition # TSG-001-2018
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Company: Ontario Gaming East Limited Partnership
Location: Shorelines Casino Belleville for training, Home Base Location to be determined
Under the supervision of the IT Manager, Ontario East, the System Administrator is responsible for the planning, design, implementation, maintenance and support of multiple assigned systems within established performance criteria. The Administrator will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure while adhering to all policies and procedures and contributing to a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees.
As our ideal candidate, you have the knowledge, skills and abilities to execute the following responsibilities in support of the company's vision, mission and values:
- Responsible for overall performance and availability of assigned systems
- Maintain strong understanding of the business services directly or indirectly supported by assigned systems, ensuring alignment in priorities through customer dialogue
- Create strong documentation, processes and automation to multiply operating effectiveness
- System optimization activities including, but not limited to patching, upgrading, and performance tuning
- Analysis, troubleshooting and resolution of system hardware, software and networking issues up to and including system operating system
- Provision of 2nd and 3rd level technical support
- Design, development and implementation of assigned system infrastructure
- Performance of high level root cause analysis for service interruptions, resolution of issues and creation of preventive measures
- Develop change requests including implementation, communication, testing and back out plans.
- Maintenance of system documentation and provision of reports on maintenance contracts, SLAs and warranty information on of assigned systems
- Monitor, review and administer system health checks and daily backup processes
- Identification of opportunities and proposal of solutions for continuous improvement
- Establish and maintain IT processes supporting assigned systems.
- Follow IT policies and procedures and maintains working knowledge of utilized technologies
- Communicate effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Build strong working relationships with guests and employees and vendors
- Comply with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned or directedOur parent, as a publicly traded company our reputation is of paramount importance. As such, we will conduct our business in an ethical and professional manner. Every team member will be obliged to understand and follow all of the policies outlined in Great Canadian’s Corporate Ethics & Conduct Manual, and will disclose any irregularities or wrongdoing in accordance with the Company’s Whistleblower Policy.
- The Company is committed to sound internal control policies and practices. Every team member will follow the internal control practices required of their position and department.
- Every team member must comply with all requirements of the Corporate Ethics & Conduct Manual and with all other corporate policies communicated to the employee.
- Every team member will be familiarized with the business process documentation and internal control objectives related to their position, and how their job description aligns with specific internal control activities for which they are responsible.
- Adhering to all company and regulatory policies as they relate to functions of the position
- .Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications
- Post-secondary education in IT or a suitable combination of education and experience
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and positive service oriented communication
- Computer literacy in MS Office and MS Windows
- Proven troubleshooting experience for O/S, application, network, workstation and laptop technologies
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum 1 year of System Administration role is required.
- Work Environment Considerations:
- Lifting, carrying, stooping, bending, some exposure to cold, heat, driving, some travel required, non-traditional work hours
How to apply: Qualified candidates are welcome to submit their cover letter, resume directly to Janet Shepherd, Advisor, Human Resources by email at email@example.com by the deadline date of April 5, 2018 at 12:00 pm EST. Current employees are required to submit an internal application form in addition to their resume. Please reference competition #TSG-O01-2018 on your application.