Don’t miss the opportunity to be a part of the OGGTA finance team, with Great Canadian Gaming Corporation as the operating partner! Ontario Gaming GTA L.P. is seeking a Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis!
Based out of our OGGTA hub on Wynford Drive, this is an amazing opportunity for someone who lives and breathes the world of numbers. Reporting to the Vice President, Finance, the Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis will be primarily responsible for the annual business planning and quarterly forecasting process. The role will also be responsible for the company’s financial model, liquidity forecasting and analysis, and will work closely with the corporate sponsors to provide timely reports and analysis. The role will be an integral part of the finance function in each of the three properties, as well as the Partnership.
OGGTA is a Partnership formed by Great Canadian Gaming Corporation(TSX:GC) ("Great Canadian") and Brookfield Business Partners L.P. (NYSE:BBU)(TSX:BBU.UN) ("Brookfield Business Partners") (together the “corporate Partners”) to operate certain gaming facilities in the Greater Toronto Area (the "GTA Bundle"). The GTA Bundle is the largest award by the OLG as part of the modernization of its casino operations. In 2016, its three facilities, OLG Slots at Woodbine, OLG Slots at Ajax Downs and Great Blue Heron Casino generated gross gaming revenue of over $1 billion. These facilities have a combined total of over 4,000 slot machines, 60 table games and employ more than 2,200 staff.
The Partnership brings considerable gaming, urban redevelopment and hospitality expertise to the operations and will strategically reposition the GTA Bundle. This development (subject to approvals) and modernization will include integrated property expansions that will enhance the gaming offerings to service the GTA market. It will also include leading world-class amenities consisting of state-of-the-art conference facilities, hotels and premier entertainment venues.
As our ideal candidate, you are a subject matter expert and confident manager with the knowledge, skills and abilities to execute the following responsibilities in support of the company’s vision, mission and values:
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with regulators, financial institutions, government, Crown agents, and the corporate Partners
- Lead annual business planning process, and quarterly reforecasting process for the sites, and Partnership
- Prepare executive reporting package for the senior management team and board identifying changes to the business plan, and forecasts
- Take ownership of the company’s financial model, updating for changes to the business, and allowing for it to be used as an analytical business planning tool
- Help design, implement, and monitor key financial and operational controls pertaining to financial planning, to ensure an effective control environment
- Work closely and collaboratively with site general managers and finance teams, as well as the Partnership development team to ensure complete and accurate recording and monitoring of the business plan
- Help to design and implement liquidity forecast and analysis for the partnership
- Ensure compliance with all Partnership agreements (financial and other), including primarily the Casino Operating Services
- Agreement (COSA), credit agreement, and equity support agreement
- Ad-hoc requirements as necessary
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- CPA, CA or equivalent designation
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel is required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of financial planning and/or financial modeling is required
- Strong communicator
- Ability to work well under pressure, with minimal oversight
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning software (JD Edwards and Cognos EP) preferred
If this sounds like a GREAT opportunity for you, we invite you to register your interest.
OGGTA will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to advise in advance if accommodation is required.