Ontario Gaming GTA L.P. is seeking a Manager, Financial Reporting & Operations! Don’t miss the opportunity to be a part of the OGGTA finance team, with Great Canadian Gaming Corporation as the operating partner!
Based out of GTA and reporting to the Vice President, Finance, the Manager, Financial Reporting & Operations will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and analysis of monthly and quarterly financial reports, financial controls, P2P and other ad-hoc requirements. The role will play an integral role in the finance and operations function of each of the three properties, as well as the Partnership.
OGGTA is a Partnership formed by Great Canadian Gaming Corporation(TSX:GC) ("Great Canadian") and Brookfield Business Partners L.P. (NYSE:BBU)(TSX:BBU.UN) ("Brookfield Business Partners") (together the “corporate Partners”) to operate certain gaming facilities in the Greater Toronto Area (the "GTA Bundle"). The GTA Bundle is the largest award by the OLG as part of the modernization of its casino operations. In 2016, its three facilities, OLG Slots at Woodbine, OLG Slots at Ajax Downs and Great Blue Heron Casino generated gross gaming revenue of over $1 billion. These facilities have a combined total of over 4,000 slot machines, 60 table games and employ more than 2,200 staff.
The Partnership brings considerable gaming, urban redevelopment and hospitality expertise to the operations and will strategically reposition the GTA Bundle. This development (subject to approvals) and modernization will include integrated property expansions that will enhance the gaming offerings to service the GTA market. It will also include leading world-class amenities consisting of state-of-the-art conference facilities, hotels and premier entertainment venues.
As our ideal candidate, you are a subject matter expert and confident leader with the knowledge, skills and abilities to execute the following responsibilities in support of the company’s vision, mission and values:
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with regulators, financial institutions, auditors, government ,Crown agents, and corporate Partners
- Lead financial and operational reporting process for the Partnership
- Prepare executive reporting package for the senior management team and board
- Manage reporting requirements of external stakeholders including the OLG, lenders, and corporate Partners
- Help design, implement, and monitor key financial and operational controls to ensure an effective control environment
- Work closely with, and collaborate with site general managers and finance teams, as well as the Partnership development team to ensure complete and accurate recording and monitoring of financial results
- Work directly with external auditors on the execution of the annual audited IFRS financial statements for OGGTA, and support for the corporate Partners’ annual audited financial statements
- Assist with establishing and taking ownership of the P2P process of the Partnership
- Ensure compliance with all Partnership agreements (financial and other)
- Assist with treasury functions including the implementation of cash management and liquidity forecasting
- Assist with the preparation of the Annual Business Plan and forecasts for each site and the Partnership
- Ad-hoc requirements as necessary
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- CPA, CA or equivalent designation
- Proficiency in IFRS
- Minimum 5 years post-qualification experience
- Strong communicator
- Ability to work well under pressure, with minimal oversight
- Advanced computer proficiency in MS Office, and Enterprise Resource Planning software (JD Edwards and Cognos EP preferred)
- Gaming experience preferred, but not required
If this sounds like a GREAT opportunity for you, we invite you to register your interest.
OGGTA will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to advise in advance if accommodation is required.