River Rock Casino Resort is the 2012 to 2017 Winner of the World Luxury Casino Hotel in North America, Trip Advisor’s 2014 winner of the Certificate of Excellence, and Western Canada’s only Four Diamond Casino Resort.
Take the Canada Line Skytrain to Bridgeport and you’re immediately transported to the exceptional River Rock Casino Resort featuring the luxurious Hotel at River Rock. River Rock is home to the best concerts and events in the state of the art River Rock Show Theatre. There’s 24/7 action in Western Canada’s largest Casino Resort, featuring 1110 slot machines, 16 poker tables and 90 table games! Every palate is sure to be pleased at River Rock, where we offer everything from our incredible Buffet, to the sumptuous offerings in Curve Lounge, to Richmond’s most acclaimed West Coast fine dining experience in Tramonto. River Rock has something for everyone!
Whether you work as a Chef on our Culinary brigade, as a Blackjack Dealer, a Server in our International Food Court, or as a Room Attendant in our Hotel, you will have the countless opportunities to provide our guests with the Great Experiences and Memories that have made us famous!
The Official Casino of the Vancouver Canucks, River Rock is your place to shine! Your teammates are just like you – positive, up for a challenge, and always willing to go above and beyond for our guests. If you Expect Great Things, just like we do, we encourage you to apply to join our dynamic team of service professionals today! Starting your career at River Rock is never a gamble – our employees are the best in the business!
Join our Rock Solid team of gaming and hospitality professionals now, at www.riverrock.com!
River Rock Casino Resort is on the lookout for an energetic and passionate Sous Chef to join our team! Our Sous Chef will be responsible for the supervision of our kitchens to create culinary fare for our food outlets and for our banquets. In addition, our Sous Chef will promote an open-door policy, and will take initiative in the continual quest for cuisine excellence while maintaining a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees. Other responsibilities include:
- Preparing and cooking a variety of cuisine for various outlets, using skill, creativity, and cost effective methods
- Developing and cultivating strong working relationships with all stakeholders (guests, ownership and employees)
- Training and developing kitchen staff in all areas of food operations
- Training and ensuring the ongoing practice of safe food handling and preparation techniques
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Developing daily specials and contributing to menu development
- Assisting in maintaining budgeted labour and food costs
- Assisting with month end inventories as directed
- Working closely with Executive Chef and F&B Manager to maintain successful food and beverage operations
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years experience in culinary management
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example
- Culinary education required
- Red Seal certification, current enrollment in the program an asset
- High school diploma
- Food Safe Level 2 certification, Serving It Right certification
- A passion for providing a Great Experience and Memory to all guests, both external and internal
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective, and service oriented communication
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Handle a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment, and work under pressure and meet deadlines with particular attention to detail.
- Interpersonal service skills, organization skills to plan time effectively, and work without direct supervision
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to provide leadership in a team environment and motivating, developing, and sharing in the successes of the team
- A commitment to continually increase your knowledge of our products and services in order to offer exceptional experiences to our guests
- A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development
- Live GCC’s Values on the job: Integrity, Team Engagement, Drive to Succeed, Service Excellence and Citizenship.
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays. The scheduled hours of work will be based on customer and business needs.
Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at River Rock Casino Resort. To start creating your Great Experiences and Memories, apply now. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!
River Rock Casino Resort
8811 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3P8