Hastings Racecourse has been capturing the imagination of Vancouverites and visitors alike since 1889. Each April through October, we are Vancouver’s exclusive source for live thoroughbred horseracing. This year, 600,000 guests of Hastings will wager on over 40,000 live and year-round national and international simulcast races combined. In addition, we offer over 600 of the newest slot machines on our Casino Floor - complete with a spectacular entertainment lounge – as well as food and beverage options ranging from casual to fine dining.
A Vancouver landmark, Hastings offers spectacular views of the North Shore Mountains and Burrard Inlet, and located only 4 km from downtown Vancouver, B.C., we are conveniently accessible by car or public transit. Hastings opens its doors at 10:00am everyday and closes at 2:00am Sunday thru Thursday and 4:00am Fridays and Saturdays. A truly unique entertainment destination, Hastings offers an equally unique employment experience for our staff. A member of the Great Canadian group of companies, Hastings Racecourse offers both seasonal and year-round positions in a fast paced, high energy environment.
Get your career racing with Hastings Racecourse today and find out why we’re “Bred for Excitement” since 1889.
Hastings Racecourse is currently seeking qualified individuals for the position of Security Officer - Gaming in our Security department. This is a part-time year round position,and the selected applicant must be available to work all shifts, including weekends, holidays, and late evening shifts.
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of Security Management, this position is responsible for protecting patrons, staff, and assets to ensure the integrity of the gaming floor and company property by patrolling and monitoring the entire casino site, interior and exterior, perform identifcation checks as well as controlling access to keys and restricted areas; and other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, post secondary education an asset
- Completion of Gaming Security Officer course an asset
- Must be willing to undergo a criminal record and credit check by the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch
- Must have Serving It Right certification
- Strong communication and public relations skills
- Previous experience or training in security an asset
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible with work schedule
- Exceptional organizational, problem solving and conflict resolution capabilities
- Good knowledge of MS Office and Outlook
- Certification in Occupational First Aid Level 2 and WHMIS an asset
How to apply: Qualified candidates are welcome to click on the APPLY ONLINE NOW button and take a moment to register with our career centre. Great Canadian thanks all candidates that apply for this position. If your application is shortlisted for the position, one of our professional recruiters will be in touch.