River Rock Casino Resort is the 2012 to 2016 Winner of the World Luxury Casino Hotel in North America, Trip Advisor’s 2014 winner of the Certificate of Excellence, and Western Canada’s only Four Diamond Casino Resort.
Take the Canada Line Skytrain to Bridgeport and you’re immediately transported to the exceptional River Rock Casino Resort featuring the luxurious Hotel at River Rock. River Rock is home to the best concerts and events in the state of the art River Rock Show Theatre. There’s 24/7 action in Western Canada’s largest Casino Resort, featuring 1110 slot machines, 16 poker tables and 90 table games! Every palate is sure to be pleased at River Rock, where we offer everything from our incredible Buffet, to the sumptuous offerings in Curve Lounge, to Richmond’s most acclaimed West Coast fine dining experience in Tramonto. River Rock has something for everyone!
Whether you work as a Chef on our Culinary brigade, as a Blackjack Dealer, a Server in our International Food Court, or as a Room Attendant in our Hotel, you will have the countless opportunities to provide our guests with the Great Experiences and Memories that have made us famous!
The Official Casino of the Vancouver Canucks, River Rock is your place to shine! Your teammates are just like you – positive, up for a challenge, and always willing to go above and beyond for our guests. If you Expect Great Things, just like we do, we encourage you to apply to join our dynamic team of service professionals today! Starting your career at River Rock is never a gamble – our employees are the best in the business!
Join our Rock Solid team of gaming and hospitality professionals now, at www.riverrock.com!
River Rock Casino Resort is looking for energetic and motivated Manager, Buffet that can think quickly on their feet and contribute as a strong team player to a large operation and growing company. This position will involve day-to-day hands-on activities and is responsible for all aspects of the food and beverage department in the Buffet Restaurant. This position is responsible for ensuring all food and beverage areas are operating in an efficient manner. The successful candidate will be responsible for the proper training and supervision of all personnel to ensure prompt and courteous service in a manner that complies with Company food and beverage standards. Previous leadership experience is required as well as an ability to understand productivity guidelines and budgets. All qualified individuals must possess strong communication skills, both oral and written. Other responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership, direction and mentoring to the F&B operation; developing performance objectives and delivers performance evaluations for direct reports
- Maximizing the revenues of Buffet while minimizing operating costs
- Responsible for constantly monitoring service levels on the dining room floor and adjusting staffing as needed.
- Responsible for daily pre-shift meetings, as well as, conducting regular staff training meetings.
- Managing F&B labour costs; scheduling and supervising employees; verifying time and attendance; assigning shift work assignments, when necessary
- Assisting in the promotion/marketing of the business
- Offering food and beverage expertise to internal and external customers
- Carrying out inspections on a regular basis to ensure consistency; reporting maintenance and supply deficiencies
- Assisting the monthly inventory count and forwards discrepancies to management
- Taking action as directed on the guest satisfaction Comment Card Program (F&B)
- Liaising and communicating effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Developing and cultivating strong working relationships with all stakeholders: guests, management, employees and vendors
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Performing other duties as assigned or directed
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Post-Secondary education in hospitality or suitable combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2 years F&B management experience of high volume full service
- Responsible liquor service certification
- Ability to lead and mentor a team
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Strong team player
- Strong organization and prioritizing skills with superior attention to details
- Computer literacy in MS Office; POS experience preferred
- Excellent wine and food knowledge
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication
- A commitment to continually increase your knowledge of our products and services in order to offer exceptional experiences to our guests
- A willingness to learn, develop and achieve new skills for personal and professional development
- Live GCC’s Values on the job: Integrity, Team Engagement, Drive to Succeed, Service Excellence, and Citizenship
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
Candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including early or late nights, weekends and holidays. The hours of work will be based on operational and business needs.
Thank you for reviewing this job opportunity at River Rock Casino Resort. To start creating your Great Experiences and Memories, apply now. Come for the opportunity, stay for the experience!
River Rock Casino Resort
8811 River Road
Richmond, BC V6X 3P8